Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Marzocchi Suspension
  • lastboyscout
    Free Member

Hello, I’ve got 888 RC3 Evo’s on my 7 week old Commencal DH V3. They developed a click/knock during compression which seems to come and go, it’s like there is something floating around inside. The Roco R shock coil moves around on the shaft and scrapes the shock body and has caught the frame. Anyone else had these problems? My lbs has sent the forks and shock to windwave for repair/replacement (windwave didn’t respond to my email). It’s my first DH bike and basically it’s ruined by Marzocchi, as soon as I’ve got the money I’ll upgrade to Fox.

wwaswas

Fox aren’t without their problems too?

kimbers

are you sure its not a frame alignment/bushing issue on the rear?

commencal probably have a worse rep than marzocchi!

and fwiw ive used marzocchi forks from 02, 07, 05 and 2010 and theyve all been 100% reliable (the 08/09 ones were apparently pants though)
    not used any of their rear shocks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lastboyscout
    Free Member

I’m confident that it’s a shock problem, my LBS mechanic thought that the shaft of the shock looked a bit bent too. 4 of my mates have also got the new commencal but they all got 40’s and DHX’s and they are fine.

wwaswas

only way a shock shaft will bend is if the frame flexes in a way that the bushes can’t compensate for, surely?

lastboyscout
    Free Member

Unless it was always bent?
    Thanks for the replies, keep em coming!

Phototim
    Free Member

If the bike is 7 weeks old, I’m assuming the forks are 2012 which means they’re a good set. I have the 2011 ones which are the same, just without the V2 damper (which has a shim stack for the rebound as well as the compression circuit). Mine developed a bit of a clunk at the weekend and I think it is an issue with the compression shims, should be easy to fix. Overall the reliability of these is first class, I would not dismiss them outright just yet as they need a lot less servicing than any other brand.

lastboyscout
    Free Member

OK, hopefully windwave will fix them asap. I’ve lost all confidence in Marzocchi now, MOJO are just down the road from my house I drive past twice a day so It makes sense to use fox anyway.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Just wait till your fox stantions wear out…

captaindanger

upgrade to Fox.

don’t think it’s an upgrade! Haven’t they got a 3 yeear warranty?

lastboyscout
    Free Member

Certainly looks like an upgrade, what good is a 3 year warranty if the spend all their time in the post? My 4 mates all race and they have had no problems at all with their fox clad commies.
    I know people on here love Marzocchi but I will never have confidence in them again, brand new shock and fork both knackered in 7 weeks = poor.

nixie

You don’t know there knackered, your assuming they are. For all you know the shock could have been damaged in transit at some point. Noise from forks does not mean they are buggered, e.g. the Fox vanillas where the coil ping’s off the inside of the stanchion.

Before throwing your toys out of the pram in a sensationalist manner (hardly ruined the bike has it since worse case is you change the shock!) why don’t you see what Windwave have to say and how the kit performs when you get it back.

lastboyscout
    Free Member

Do you work for Marzocchi, you seem to have taken my post personally for some reason? They are knackered in as much as they don’t work as intended, knackered, broken whatever. The fork knock/click comes and goes, varing from a hardly noticable click to a big knock with noticable stiction.
    Certainly ruined my experience of the bike pal.

sobriety
    Free Member

If they’re that bad, can I have them for free then?

wwaswas

ruined my experience of the bike pal.

you’re clearly upset but I think, until you have a reason why it’s happened it’s a bit early to blame ‘Marzocchi’ and to say Fox are faultless does rather fly in the face of the evidence.

You can be disapointed to have problems so soon but I woudl’nt be rushing out to spend £1000+ on replacement suspension compenents on the strength of it.

lastboyscout
    Free Member

Ha ha! I’ll put them up for sale when I get them back from windwave.

sobriety
    Free Member

No problem, I’ll offer you 50p for them, and post a link to this thread 😉

ruined my experience of the bike pal.

nixie

No don’t work for Marzocchi. I’m (as several other members can back up) the near stw stereotype of working in IT.

Your post(s) got my goat for a number of reasons.

1st off your moaning daily mail style before even giving the relevant parties a chance to sort the issue.

2nd whilst noises whilst are annoying really they don’t ruin the experience, they make you worry and perhaps reduce the enjoyment level but ruin is a little strong. Your more likely to ruin your experience my not setting the fork/shock up correctly than by a few noises.

3rd as this is a DH bike and you live near Mojo I going to take a (not so) wild guess that your going to Cwncarn, now there is a strong chance that your therefore using the uplift. Whilst the uplift seems to me to be very well run there is always the chance the shock damage could have happened on this. Or even during a crash (and I don’t believe you won’t have crashed at some point).

4th is I guess not your fault, however there does seem to be a high number of threads is a similar vein saying xyz product is knackered/ doesn’t work where either the poster is at fault, or they are using this forum to bitch about shop/importer of a product before giving anyone the chance to sort things out.

My bet is that once the bits are back on on your bike they will be be absolutely fine, or your end splurging loads of cash on fox gear and then find the same or similar issues!

Anyway I cba to discuss any further. Now where is the STW forum feature request list, we really could do with a ignore button!

lastboyscout
    Free Member

**** you you ****. The ‘issue’ is that my new marzocchi stuff doesn’t work. I wanted help not guesses from some forum hero ****. And learn to spell, your and you’re have different meanings.

wwaswas

you didn’t actually ask for help though, just made a series of statements?

retro83
    Free Member

lastboyscout – Member

**** you you ****. The ‘issue’ is that my new marzocchi stuff doesn’t work. I wanted help not guesses from some forum hero ****. And learn to spell, your and you’re have different meanings.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The only question you asked was whether anyone else had had the same problems. The answer seems to be no. If an occasional noise ruins your ride either wear headphones or learn to relax and get a sense of perspective.

And when windwave sort you out (they have an excellent rep) sell your marz on here and buy fox, and get ready for weekly servicing and annual New stanchions.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi Suspension’ is closed to new replies.