Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Mark and lard
  • binners

My favourite Fat Harry White quote, while reading a woman's fortune

"You will be spied on through the window by a coal-man from Clegheaton, who will inadvertently empty his sack up your back passage"

I thought I was going to have a coronary I was laughing that much

peteroughton169
    Free Member

Work stopped for mark n lard, nuff said, genius, sadly the loss means work gets done 🙁

marsdenman
    Free Member

'must get some oil for that door….'

and, yes, how they powers that be let Fat Harry run so long is beyond me. Priceless 😀

Innes
    Free Member

Fat Harry White helping the Plumber: I walked in the door and saw the old boiler with her crack dripping.

This on the radio in the afternoon.

Brilliant.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Those were the days. I remember the time Lard had a slug in his animal sanctuary. 😆

big_scot_nanny

Brilliant, you guys have made my night. I am crying with laughter listening to thoe old clips. Space oddity was absolutely fabulous!
    😆
    CAN YOU BACK OFF THE MIC A BIT.

Kev

Sonor
    Free Member

utterly lost on anyone south of the Peak District.

Of course it was. 🙄

Slipknots army the rabbi Lionel blair and that there shed of dread…superb.

It's 😉 at me.

jp-t853

M

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

W.A.N.K Cinncinnatti

Brilliant

jp-t853

W.A.N.K Cincinatti's newsreader – Fanny Batter

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Butch Schlong & Snatch Friggett

RepacK
    Free Member

"Live from the Glittering Palace of Delights.."

**** awesome, kept me going at Uni..

Creg

Loved listening to these guys.

Laughed until I cried many a time.

I stopped listening to R1 as much when they left, now I just dont bother with it at all. 24hr shite on there now

ahwiles
    Free Member

it's not all shite on R1 now, some of it's bollocks.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin – I think you've been trolled there!

C'est ne possible pas.

brakes
    Free Member

musn't geeeerrrrrrrruuummmmmble

sweepy
    Free Member

I'm not gay or owt

verses

I was late for work every morning when they were doing the breakfast show. I got to site on time, but just had to stay in the car till they finished 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Has nobody mentioned that actually knew a bit (and cared) about music too? That's the big difference to me.

Marge
    Free Member

I worked shifts many years ago 🙂 and had the joy to finish at 2200 in the evening & could listen to them on the way home each day. What a great way to pass the time on the motorway.
    After some promotion at work & their move to breakfast I was able to listen once more.
    Always thought I was a bit odd for enjoying it as most folks I knew then thought it was tosh (I'm a midlander by the way)
    Still have my treasured Shirehorses CD in the car. Franny Lee indeed….

Just for the record I also recall Chris Moyles being on before the breakfast show during my shiftworking days & he was actually good to listen to then. His arrogance seemed ironic at the time but as time passed by it became clear he really was a to$$er…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I miss that show so much! 😆

franki
    Free Member

I used to love their show. As people have already said – work stopped for some of their regular items.
    It was also great to hear Radio 1 DJs who actually admitted to not liking some of the crap they were forced to play!

robgarrioch

The only time I've had to pull over & stop driving for laughing was listening on the way home one xmas – 'Rev. Ian Paisley sings the Beatles Greatest Hits'. Any passers-by probably thought I'd been through a messy break-up, with tears streaming down my face…

+ they always played 'Xmas Wrapping' by The Waitresses…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I really couldn't stand it. I got it, just didn't like it.

takisawa2

I did a 60min tape of Fat Harry White's.
    I remember the plumber one above.
    Amazed that they got away with it in the afternoon.
    Bloody brilliant. Was working shifts at the time & always home to listen.
    Must look for the tape.

But some folk have no sense of humour.

binners

robgarrioch – I distinctly remember the Ian Paisley feature. I was crying with laughter at that one too. Utter genius!!!

votchy
    Free Member

If only podcast's had been available back then, missed almost all their stuff due to work but everything I ever heard was sheer brilliance, and as said above, they knew their onions when talking about music, not sucking up to the latest wannabes as per Jo Whiley etc.

Will be researching those links when I get home tonight.

rootes1

got a cassette of their last show, must digitise it…

NigE5
    Free Member

I am listening to them now, on a made up afternoon show by me.I downloaded lots of their stuff just after they packed it all in., most of its been taken down now. Now how lucky was that.

lowey

I fell out with Radcliffe's Dad years ago. I delivered Sunday papers to their house but always shoved em down a grid cause there was a fookin massive wasps nest right at their front door.

They were dead funny though. How they got away with half the stuff Fat Harry came out with was beyond me.

Lummox

do you think there is a direct correlation between lovers of mark and lard and haters of that twont moyles?

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Mark and lard’ is closed to new replies.