Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Marin Quake AL 7.
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody owned one,rode one?Any good?Bit heavy?
    Cheers in advance for any help.The Apes.

jimjam
    Free Member

I had a good long demo on the 2011 one. I kind of disliked everything about it. BB too high, not enough standover, heavy. It pedaled and climbed well but descending was an uninspiring affair. The suspension worked well but it seemed very dead and quite unlike other marins (perhaps just that bike but I doubt it).

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anymore ideas?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Not exactly popular then

HansRey

i love mine!

Climbs like a goat, and descends well. I have the 7.3 frame. It would be nice if it has iscg tabs though. My bb is quite low, since playing with the shock. It came with a fox dhx air, which i found to work when i didnt follow the recommended pressures.

My build is about 40lbs, and that was on a budget. The good thing is that it has 1.5” headtube, so you can get cheap 1.5”steerer forks.

mildred

I’ve had a couple and they’re very very good indeed – particularly pedallng over rocky stuff. I found mine a tad heavy for trail riding.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

You can do 20mile XC rides on it (but you will be last), and I have climbed some big hills with it. Give it some gravity assist and its fantastic, very fast. Mines about 43lb but its got some heavy Bomber 66’s on the front.

mildred

Thinking about it, they pedal really well for such a big bike – no bob whatsoever, and they do ride much lighter than they are. With an angleset headset to slacken it off a touch I think they are the perfect Megavalanche bike.

HansRey

the quake 7.3 frames are usually pretty cheap on ebay too. Low demand because it’s not so fashionable. Winwin

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Seen a nice one at the green bike company.Custom job.Thanks for your comments.King of the swingers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Marin Quake AL 7.’ is closed to new replies.