Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Marin Mount Vision?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

Hi,

Has anyone got one? What do the ride like? I saw this last night and fell in love with it… how much are the frames second hand?

cheers

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

A great bike. I have one – that's a 2009 model and all in all it is very good indeed. however they are better if you are a middle ring rather than granny ring climber due to suspension action. If it's on offer your size and you have the cash go for it!

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Had mine for 8 months now and its my first decent mtb as i am a roadie but now i am doing both. I have had no problems with it so far, i love it

charlierevell
    Free Member

2010 is sooo much better, has a slacker head angle and rides like a dream.
    Also has gravity dropper guides and has been adjusted for that granny ring issues.

andrewh
    Free Member

Still got a 1999 Attack Trail.

Had a 2004 XC100 and then a 2006 Mt Vis Pro. Can't fault their warrenty dept.

I do have the required beard though, do you? Goatees are permitted for Marin hardtail riders, full suss riders must have the proper beard.

MattEmulsion
    Free Member

Got the 08 version. Very happy with it!
    Changed a couple of bits, shortened the stem to 70 and changed the saddle. It climbs nicely, rides well on the downs and feels very nimble on tight singletrack. It's handled everything I've done in the UK without mishap. It came with me to Morzine in the summer and coped well considering the travel is relatively short for the trails I rode.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've still got my original (1997) Mt Vision frame.

tazzymtb

got the 09 it's top banana but not niche enough for my inner shiny pixie, so the few rides (about 5) old frame will be flogged probably for around the £650.00 budget.

DickBarton

Got the same one (09 model) – very pleased with it…climbing in granny does take time to learn, but it climbs very well once adjusted, rides across things very well and down things even better. A very confidence inspiring bike.

I'm well chuffed with mine. I stuck a 180mm rotor on the front and stuck a short cage rapid rise XT mech on, some Conti Vert Pros and that is it…really nice bike*.

I don't use all 27 gears so I've no probs with loosing the top 3 and bottom 4 cogs when the chain is in big or granny.

* Although a very biased and predictable thing to say, I didn't pay much money for mine (sold my 05 Trance 1 and only had to pay a few hundred quid), so I'm not just saying that because I shelled out over £2k on a bike – I didn't…but I still think it is cracking.

Only drawback that I've found is when you want to transport the bike on the roof – the frame doesn't lend itself well to typical roof racks and the 15mm dropout doesn't lend itself well to many form-mount racks – Pendle single bike roof rack is the only one I found that works – hopefully likely to change but when I was buying (almost a year ago) that was it…a very good rack though.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Nice bikes, I had one on demo for a long weekend & got on well with it @ Afan.

snaps
    Free Member

Mine half built, might be for sale soon if I can get my mate to sell me his Heckler.

Grimy
    Free Member

I've had one since christmas and I'm really liking it! Lots of good features, and little in the way of cons other than its perhaps very very slightly on the heavy side for a modern short/mid travel FS bike. Saying that, I went from a very light hardtail to mine, and the gain in comfort and traction outways the small sacrifice in weight, I can go much further on this!

As for roof mounting bike racks, I found this a problem too, but the Thule 530 works perfectly! looks like one of the cheaper thule racks, but its twin arms stop the bike wabbeling as much and the clamp is very secure.

DickBarton

I tried that rack, but couldn't get enough of it to hold the frame…the shape/size of the down tube meant the only contact was with the top edge of the clamp – when done up I could still remove the bike so decided it would be unwise to use it…the clamp depth wasn't deep enough to allow the clamp to clamp over the top of the tube, so it wasn't very secure.

I'm happy to accept I wasn't doing it right but after getting 2 mates to also have a bash at making it fit, I reckoned it wasn't meant to be.

Grimy
    Free Member

Strange, I have a 2008 MV and the thule 590 works nice. I clamp the downtube right between the lower bottle mounts. The clamp dosent completely encompas the tube but it matches the profile at that point and as you pointed out, the top edge of the clamp is narrower so It cant pull through the buldge in the downtube profile and like you I tryed very hard, but didnt move for me? which spacers did you use in the clamp? the long or short? Done pleanty of miles with mine on the roof at distastfull speeds and its never moved. In fact it was recomended by a few other MV owners who also used the 530. 😕

DickBarton

I'm happy to accept it was just me…but I couldn't get the clamp to fit anywhere near the depth of the tube…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Marin Mount Vision?’ is closed to new replies.