Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Margaret Beckett (Warning, piss-boiling content…..)
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fair enough Captain, but it appears to have been loaded against Labour peers – I can’t help feeling that it would have been somewhat fairer if they had also approached 5 Tory peers.

Although for me it’s the peers who listened to what the undercover reporters actually wanted, and then declined to help, are the ones which come out of this smelling of roses. I’m not sure how impressed I am with the 3 Tory peers who didn’t even bother to return calls 😕

Lanesra
    Free Member

Although I don’t get the impression that you’re that sh1t hot on facts. Because I could be wrong, but I can’t see any evidence any peers have been excluded from the Lords yet, if that’s what you mean by “The Lords, Labour MP’s have two members excluded (the first time since 1642)”

Ernie, read the papers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Shandy
    Free Member

Ernest it would seem there is no pleasing you. Why would they bother to return calls from somebody offering them bribes?!

Well I suppose you’d expect better manners from the Tories “Hello, Lord Fotherington-Smythe here, yes, calling in reference to the cake tin full of cash… Well, I’m frightfully sorry old boy, but I’m going to have to decline, just not my cup of tea you see. Thanks for the offer, pip pip!”

Lanesra
    Free Member

Ernie can’t grasp it that Nu Labour/Labour are the most corrupt politicians out there.

Thatcher was right to smash the unions/miners/labour(communist party) as she saw that they were all corrupt and were draining the public purse

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, read the papers

Well actually I was thinking that perhaps you should do ?

But hey I said, I could be wrong – got a link that any peers have actually been excluded ?

Oh btw, your comment :

you’ve been responsible for the two worst recessions/unemployment figures that this country has ever seen

I was going to let it drop, but since you’ve told me to ‘read the papers’ I’d just like to point out that the ‘worst unemployment figures that this country has ever seen‘ were in the 1930s and 1980s.

So hardly this government’s, which you appear to think I’m part of, fault 😕

But as I said – I don’t think that you’re too sh1t hot on facts ….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why would they bother to return calls from somebody offering them bribes?!

Is that how you think the message on the answer phone was left : “We’d like to speak to you about giving you some cash to do some dodgy stuff” ?

LOL !

Shandy
    Free Member

Well it seems that it did the trick with four out of five grasping hypocritical Labour peers Ernest.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, you’re right – that’s how they must have done it !

😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I will **** off just as soon as you explain to me how “they face”, is the same as “they have”.

Or do think that there isn’t any difference ? 😕

konabunny
    Free Member

Che – it’s late at night. Don’t you and your other logins ever sleep?

“Aye Fred, a woman breaks down all the political barriers, defeats the glass ceiling, brings an end to the cold war and the constant threat of Nuclear annihilation,”

That’s an impressive feat – I had no idea that sexism in the workplace ended in 1979 when Thatcher won the election. The Equal Opportunities Commission presumably hasn’t had much to do on women for nigh on 30 years now. I guess that works in the same way that there’s no more racism in the US now that Obama is President, right?

Also, like a fool I had imagined that the end of the Cold War was something to do with the collapse of the Soviet economy, nationalism in the Baltic and Caucasian republics and Central Europe, the failed Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, perestroika and the rise of environmental activist groups. I now realise that it was all down to Maggie – an especially impressive success when you consider that none of the UK/US intelligence agencies predicted the USSR’s collapse or the reunification of Germany…

andywhit
    Free Member

Che ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Che ?

Yes andywhit, konabunny knows of course, that the blood of an Irish rebel ran through his veins.

konabunny – “it’s late at night. Don’t you and your other logins ever sleep?

No konabunny, in the small hours of the morning whilst you are safely tucked up in your bed, I keep a watchful and loving eye for any signs of stirrings on the forum.
    btw, it’s just the one login on IE and just one on FF. There is of course a reason, but it’s surprisingly uninteresting. Obviously if you uniquely are interested, then I’ll happily tell you. Although I can’t believe that you are.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Is it something to do with foxes?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Margaret Beckett (Warning, piss-boiling content…..)’ is closed to new replies.