Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Man's relationship with his shed
  • hunta

Time for me to up security back at the ranch before, rather than after, the inevitable happens, so I’m after a shed upgrade. At least the insurance company won’t have anywhere to wriggle.

[list]
    [*]It needs to fit at least two (preferably three) bikes, with extras (helmet, stand, tools)[/*]
    [*]Needs to get the thumbs-up from the other half (aesthetically)[/*]
    [*]Would hope not to have to spend more than a few hundred sheets (but let’s be realistic…)[/*]
    [*]Needs to meet the gold secure standard, or have a ground anchor that will allow use of a gold secure chain and lock.[/*][/list]

I’ll obviously talk to the insurance company before going ahead, but any recommendations or products to avoid?

relliott6879
    Free Member

CCTV? I think you can get motion-triggered set ups nowadays that will start recording (digitally) once the would-be thieving scumbag has entered your shed.

hunta

Worth having, but doesn’t stop the toerag in his tracks unfortunately, just ups the chances of finding him. Prevention is the name of the game here…

kayak23

Never mind that, how did you do all those fancy bullet-points and white underlines?….

On the shed issue, personally if I could afford it, I’d go for a shed within a shed. A metal secure bike shed/box, that fits inside your bog-standard looking shed so as not to draw attention or upset the aesthetic sensibilities of your other half…

nealglover
    Free Member

A lick of paint or clad with some cheap lapped timber and bobs yer uncle.

Get them this size for about £500.

Pretty much burglar proof !

woody2000

My bro has one of these Asgard jobbies – nice bit of kit, definitely a storage only option (you can’t work in it!)

Asgard 4 bike locker

RustyMac

I’ve got one of THESE in 8×6.

I put a better lock on the front, bolts through the hinges and a ground anchor in it to lock the bikes to.

At the end of the day if thiefs want in they will get in but hopefully it is enough of a deterant for them not to bother with the hassle.

See HERE for chains, locks and ground anchors.

RobHilton
    Free Member

^ Good shout rusty, just the kind of thing I’ve been looking for.

Earl
    Free Member

Best seller in NZ – they even made a tv doco about it.

Blokes and Sheds

hunta

kayak23 – Member

Never mind that, how did you do all those fancy bullet-points and white underlines?….

I know, bit impressed with myself at that. I just fannied about with the the UL and LI buttons!

On the shed issue, personally if I could afford it, I’d go for a shed within a shed. A metal secure bike shed/box, that fits inside your bog-standard looking shed so as not to draw attention or upset the aesthetic sensibilities of your other half…

That is a neat idea. Russian sheds…

hunta

Woody, I saw those on my wanderings around the interweb. Quite pricey, but would you say the quality’s up to it?

qwerty
    Free Member

woody2000

Hunta – it’s a well made piece of kit, showing no wear and tear after a good bit of use. Seems pretty secure as far as I can tell too, covered locking points & floor bolts etc

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

The only security a wooden shed provides is keeping your bikes out of sight. If you want to stop someone getting in you need steel or blockwork, then they’ll probably get in through the roof 🙂

+1 for the Torq ground anchor
    Almax for chain & locks

Move to a less pikey area.

pingu66
    Free Member

I use two of these

Pretty good deterent for theivin barstewards.

RobHilton
    Free Member

How many bikes can you fit in one of those? ^

pingu66
    Free Member

Good point Rob, but thats the shed security system as I only have a shed but that site has some good stuff I might invest in.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Man's relationship with his shed’ is closed to new replies.