Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mamils (Middle-aged men in lycra)
  • ziggy
    Free Member
    Grimy
    Free Member

😆 Mamils, like it.

Cant tell if the article is trying to take the micky, or celebrate the fact that its about the healthiest form of midlife crisis ever? 😕

The middle-aged cyclist's role model, sprinting legend Mark Cavendish

Yep.

cupra
    Free Member

The middle-aged cyclist's role model, sprinting legend Mark Cavendish

Nope.

hora
    Free Member

If you saw a 40yr old woman carrying a few extra pounds riding road/off road in lycra

WHAT WOULD YOU THINK?

Older men in shape and wearing lycra looks scary on a Oompa Loompa-level.

yunki
    Free Member

a Girth of Mamils…. love it

OmarLittle
    Free Member

didnt realise middle age started at 35 that is getting worryingly close. im going to end up getting a pre-middle age crisis

captain-slow
    Free Member

Lazy journalism. Started I believe with shameless publicity from halfrauds announcing that sales of road bikes were up by 30%. Picked up by Telegraph on Tuesday if I remember rightly and got half page with photo on about page 5. Other rags reported it as an original story over next couple of days and then BBC posted this article a full four days later.

So much for the interwebnet being at the leading edge of news reportage…

rant over!

p.s. Cav is god!

jonb
    Free Member

Noticed a big resurgence in cycling. People asking me about bikes who I never would have thought would take an interest.

Very, lazy journalism though. As above this is the third time I've read this piece written in a slightly different way.

I wonder why the sudden uptake has occured? Olympic success? TdF not really big news and only Cavendish is just making it into general knowledge of non cyclists. No ones ever heard of Thomas and people just know Wiggins as the bloke from the olympics.

donsimon
    Free Member

Omar Little – Member

didnt realise middle age started at 35 that is getting worryingly close. im going to end up getting a pre-middle age crisis

I didn't know it finished at 44!! I'm past it anyone willing to swap some bikes for a pipe and slippers??

petrieboy

C2W must have helped a bit – all these £999.99 bikes all the manufacturers have?

Junkyard
    Free Member

ne word use like it ut always a bot of a surge when there is good weather and the tour is on – if Lance can do it then why cant I?- you dont see any of them – or many MTB for that matter- slogging it out in the winter or on the roads in the darkest depths of winter.
    Lycra is fine [but you always look silly in it]if your BMI is below 20 otherwise stick to baggies

jj55

Roads are dangerous! Give me wet slippy roots anytime!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When does "middle age" end? With a bit of luck, I'm nearly out of it….

Still love a pair of tight lycra shorts, though. Especially in the wet. 😯

flap_jack
    Free Member

me and my mamil mates just cycled to Rome – however, I kept the Singletracks over the lycra the entire way, much to the displeasure of the Italians with us.

Two guys did it on handbikes (legs blown off in recent wars), great vid of one of them hurtling down the Aosta valley at about 5 mins 30 in this…

Home to Rome Charity ride

redthunder
    Free Member

A Mamil… wanting for his carbon bike to arrive!

redthunder
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mamils (Middle-aged men in lycra)’ is closed to new replies.