Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Magura Menja servicing – german speaking required?
  • paul4stones

I have some Magura Menja MM130AM forks, probably 2007 or 2008, which I’ve had for a year or so and now leak oil from one side. So, they need some work on them.

TFT don’t mention them, either as a brand they don’t service or one they do.

LBS say they can order some parts but don’t want to because it will play havoc with their VAT return.

I’m sure I’ve read on here about people servicing these forks and getting parts from the states but couldn’t find a thread on a quick look.

Any suggestions?

IA

now leak oil from one side.

Hmm, from what I’ve seen that is out of order for magura forks… they’re supposed to leak from both sides 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Get your LBS to get in touch with the UK distributor for them. There is one because I had to use them a few months back to get my lowers replaced.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What’s leaking? If it’s the wiper seals, fit some Fox ones from Mojo. Much less mess on the stanchions.

joolsburger
    Free Member

MAGURA BIKE PARTS UK LTD.
    Phone: 01530 414142

Full service is around 80 quid.

They are fast to respond to email.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

UK importers are a bit crap.. I asked for o-rings for the air piston on some Durins, they said “They’re just o-rings aren’t they? We can sell you a complete piston assembly.”

Where are they leaking oil from?

Edit: Ich kann acuch Deutsch sprechen, ob dass hilft?

paul4stones

The oil is on the stantion so I presume it’s the wiper seal? If they’re the same as Fox ones then that’s simple isn’t it?

That response about the Durins is exactly what the lbs reported they’d said too.

I can only say “Suddenly a policeman appeared at the car window” in German which isn’t much help 🙂 The second page when I google ‘magura menja service’ seems to be entirely German!

slackman99
    Free Member

Try phoning the UK distributor. I sent them an email this week and had a phone call with a response about 20mins later. Not bad service at all!

paul4stones

Will do, thanks.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

The oil is on the stanchion so I presume it’s the wiper seal? If they’re the same as Fox ones then that’s simple isn’t it?

Exactly the same, unless they’re dumping masses of oil in which case you need new seals. 5ml of 30wt in each leg, and clean and soak the foam rings in the same.

solar
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting over a month for seals to arrive at a lbs. Not only that, but the stanchion coating on one leg is worn away after less than a years worth of use. Less than impressed with them to be honest.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Yep. Unless you chuck new oil in the lowers very regularly, they fuk up bad. Often they come from the factory without enough oil in the lowers.

solar
    Free Member

I think that’s what happened with mine, they’ve never felt right from new. Guess that’s a lesson learned now 😕

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Magura Menja servicing – german speaking required?’ is closed to new replies.