Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Magura Louise BAT Bite Point
  • ferrit
    Free Member

Hi folks,

Got a set of Louise BATs which are great except that the levers are pretty far away from the bar!

I have the BAT lever set to the extreme so it bites as soon as possible, but to set this up so the levers don’t touch the bar under braking, the levers have to be really far out!

Is there any way to tweak this a bit? Any successful mods? Seems to be a common complaint but not seen any solutions…

wwaswas

you can adjust the lever reach independently of the bite point – there’s a little allen key hole byu the levers to let you move the lever without affecting bite point. Magura site has pdf’s of manuals.

ferrit
    Free Member

Er, ok, on mine the bite point moves in as well with the lever.

So if I set the lever so it’s in comfortable reach of the bar, under braking, the levers pull to the bars, even with the bite point fully would out.

They’ve been freshly bled by a decent shop, I suggested that there’s not enough fluid in the system but they were topped up to max….

soobalias
    Free Member

you can remove some of that lever play by bleeding with the pistons not seated fully, basically over filling slightly.

the lever adjust moves the bite point, just like you say, similarly the bite adjust doesnt move the bite point relative to lever travel, it makes the bite point either gradual or on/off

ferrit
    Free Member

Ah ok, maybe worth a try with that.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Magura Louise BAT Bite Point’ is closed to new replies.