Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Magura Disc brake servicing
  • z1ppy

Anyone know where I can get a seal kit from? Or even who the UK distributer is?

Got some Loiuse FR on a 2nd hand bike (so the 5 year warrenty doesn't apply), that went spongy on a very wet/crappy ride.

Tried bleeding them without any success, so want to take the the pistons out to see if some crap has damaged to the seals (and so replace them).
    Can't see any fluid leaking, but they have no power…

Andy-R

MAGURA Bike Parts UK Ltd.
    Unit 1, Ivanhoe Industrial Estate
    Tournament Way
    Ashby De La Zouch
    LE65 2UU

01530 414142

service_uk@magura.de

jond
    Free Member

I'd be interested to hear how you get on, according to the Magura website they think they aren't user-serviceable other than bleeding 'em – I've got an '02-ish OEM Louise (?) caliper which dumped it's guts recently and probably just needs new seals…

z1ppy

will do, well my email was read but contents ignored by some german blokey said just send them to the distributer… I ain't doing thet unless I know a general costing

now if who-ever they have on the phone, would get off, I'd know the score..

Actually you've reminded me I have an old set of louises I was given too (as they wouldn't ever work)

z1ppy

I was wrong it was a UK bloke ignoring the contents of my email… (though it was a quick reply BTW)

They're not interested in selling you a seal kit, they want them returned to be pressure tested and then given a price (no price guides were supplied)… not exactly at my happiest about this but may bite the bullet and try them out.

coolfurcats
    Free Member

Just get in touch with the guys at the UK service. It cost me around £30 to get a set of Louise brakes serviced, inc P+P. Took about 4 days from sending them off to riding with the fully serviced and working brakes. 😀

jond
    Free Member

Crikey, that's pretty decent, might be worth getting both mine done. It's a pity that I'd have to split it at one end or t'other to get it back on the bike cleanly – the rear's not too bad cause I can zip-tie it back rather than use the hole in the swingarm, but the front has to run up through the frame (it's on a recumbent – might get in the way of my legs otherwise). Still, mebbe there's some way I can rig it….

Must admit I'm a bit surprised they wouldn't give you a rough quote – I managed to chip a stanchion on some Magura forks a few years back and they gave me a quote over the phone – but mebbe that's more easily quantifiable. (FWIW, it was 60 quid – again, not bad at all, tho's it's bolt-together which helps)

z1ppy

Well had it serviced by Magura, and yes nice professional & quick turn around but definitely not the cheapest service I've ever used.
    Would have thought long and hard about it it I'd been given some quotes before sending.

£52 (inc return) for a new master cylinder mechanism – thats £10 labour and £6.50 for the UPS delivery, so £29.00 for the m/c and bleeding (plus VAT)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Magura Disc brake servicing’ is closed to new replies.