Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Macro lens – how to choose
  • TwirlipoftheMists

I’ve got a Lumix G1 camera which uses the Micro Four Thirds system. I’d like to get a macro lens but I’ve no idea how to choose. I’d also like to spend as little as possible without buying rubbish.

Any tips?

Thanks.

–Twirlip

GrahamS

I’d also like to spend as little as possible

Macro filters rather than a true macro any good?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What’s your budget?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

yep, what’s your budget? that will narrow your choice considerably

5thElefant
    Free Member

m4/3 lenses aren’t cheap and there’s little in the way of second hand stuff so there won’t be a budget option, so “as little as possible” may be a lot, unless…

You use an adapter and old manual focus lens route. m42 lenses for example. A 50mm f2 can be had for £10, and adapter for another £15 and a set of extension tubes for £5 and you’ll have useful manual focus setup.

Or… you could use extension tubes on one of your existing lenes. I’d have thought the 20mm f1.7 plus tubes would be a good bet.

TwirlipoftheMists

No idea of budget really. I don’t believe I can afford an full on macro lens. I’m looking for options before I decided to spend real money 🙂

Those extension tubes, do you have a link to them? I’ve googled about them but I’m not very familiar with photography and I’m not sure if I’m looking at the right stuff.

Thanks for all the responses!

5thElefant
    Free Member

m4/3 tubes

I’ve never tried m4/3 tubes so you’d want to do a bit of digging. But I have used m42 tubes like these with an m4/3 to m42 adapter and m42 lens which works well.

Tiger6791

Whatever you buy just make sure you look real closely at it first….

IGMC

molgrips
    Free Member

I got normal 4/3 35mm macro for £180, many around for £200 now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Macro lens – how to choose’ is closed to new replies.