Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Mac Mices are pants, fix or bin?
  • Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Help please,

Despite being a complete techno-dunce I like the way that I haven't been able to make my Imac fall over yet, sadly the same isn't true of the "mighty" mouse. So is there a way to clean all the crud out of the scroller wheel or am I just better to buy a cheap wireless generic mouse?

Ta TR

thegreatape
    Free Member

There's various ways if you look on some of the Mac forums, but you'll be fixing it quite regularly. I got bored with rubbing it on paper etc so bought this which has been faultless. (A white one of course).

Logitech LS1

tails
    Free Member

isopropyl alcohol should do it, but yes logitech mice piss all over apple mice.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn't there a new mouse without the scroller button?

tails
    Free Member

actually logitech do a nice thing called unify receiver, go have a look, as its not with all there mice

vrapan
    Free Member

Mighty mouse was as horrible as they come when it came to reliability. I'd bin it and get something else. If you want to stick with Apple the Magic Mouse is better but it does take a bit of getting used to.

If you are after something simple that works Logitech is my vote as well, I too have the LS1 in black/orange and it has been a brilliant little mouse. Will serve you well if you need nothing more than two buttons and a roller 🙂

tegski
    Free Member

If you are a bit savvy, you can take it to bits and fix…google procedure.
    Otherwise, get the new wireless one – have had it for 3 days and very happy here.
    (But I am an apple convert….) 😀

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Turn it upside down and run the roller on a sheet of paper in every direction. It's usually just dirt on the ball.

DrJ

The Mighty Mouse was a pain, and got clogged up even if you did your best to be nice to it, but the Magic Mouse truly rocks – feels lovely and has no moving parts to mess up.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Magic mouse is a revelation.

beamers

This forum is particularly good for Mac Help

I have both a Magic and a Mighty Mouse, the later for a couple of trouble free years.

Sandwich

Microsofts Laser wireless mice are also very good. I found logitechs software a tad clunky when I used it and the keyboard fell apart, by comparison the Microsoft desktop set has been faultless and OSX has keyboard mapping for it in the international prefs.

DrJ

Not many wireless mice are BlueTooth, so if you don't get an Apple one you often use up a USB port, and also they may need power

geoffj

Mice are the only things that Microsoft produces that are better than anyone elses. Apple included!

Jamie
    Free Member

I dunno, Logitech ones are pretty good as well.

Militant_biker

I gave up on the Mighty Mouse and the scroll ball, would clean it out and it would jam up within a week.

I now use a Logitech MX400 Great if you don't mind wires, and it has more buttons than the Mighty Mouse.

the-muffin-man

Rubbish IME – I {really sorry Mac fans!} use Microsoft ones. Loads better and don't jam up.

Flaperon

Magic Mouse is great. Not brilliant on Windows though – no inertia on the scrolling and it "sticks" occasionally.

AdamW
    Free Member

Mighty mouse was crap.

Magic mouse is the best I've ever had. The dog's danglies. The mutt's nutts! No moving parts to go wrong (apart from the click I guess).

JIf
    Free Member

I agree that the Mighty Mouse is useless, the scroll ball is far to prone to dirt and getting stuck

The Magic Mouse is great though, I've found it very intuitive and as already said there are no moving parts

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

The mighty mouse is fine unless you pick your nose with the same finger that you ball with. Stop picking your noses you filfthy buggers! and your mouse will stay mighty.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Squirt some brake cleaner onto a lint free cloth or kitchen towel and then run the mouse ball over the cloth, few linear moves and a few circles. 2-3 mins will clean the scroll ball up nicely.

beamers

The mighty mouse is fine unless you pick your nose with the same finger that you ball with. Stop picking your noses you filfthy buggers! and your mouse will stay mighty.

Surely you pick with your non mouse hand? (Or is that just me?)

AndyP
    Free Member

all mice are shit, but some are more shit than others. the mighty mouse is the worst mouse ever.
    trackballs ftw.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Mac Mices are pants, fix or bin?’ is closed to new replies.