Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lyrik Spring Weight
  • flyingmonkeycorps

What does everyone run? I’m currently 13.5 stone, and run a firm spring in a Pike – RS recommend an x-firm.

For the Lyrik they recommend a firm, would I be better with a medium or is the guide more accurate?

Bagstard
    Free Member

You will probably get away with a medium. The guide said I should be on x firm (15 stone at the time) and it barely moved. The firm spring was spot on (currently 14.5 stone)and it still feels right.

duntstick
    Free Member

I’m running a firm now at over a stone more than you.

(This is on a 2009 fork, don’t know about newer ones)

portlyone

I have a medium/red going spare after replacing it with a firm/blue one (16 stone). I didn’t find the red one too bad to be honest, think you’d be ok with the medium.

Rickos
    Free Member

12 and half stone (in the buff 8) ) and I use the standard spring – red/medium? Works nice for me.

duntstick
    Free Member

I wonder why Rockshox do that?

carbon337
    Free Member

14 and a bit and running a Firm after just moving up from a Medium. I opened a thread on MTBR thats quite handy for this:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=659139

A lot of people seem to run 1 less than recommemded for their weight but it depends on your terrain and you can alter damping oil weight to adjust sensitivity etc.

flyingmonkeycorps

Mine has the medium in already, I think – they’re a 2007 model iirc. All I have to do now is figure out how to set up the compression damping…

carbon337
    Free Member

+4 +4 is the recomended start point – mission or motion control?

flyingmonkeycorps

Mission Control. I need to read up on it really, and watch some videos to figure out what the low speed / high speed damping actually does…

carbon337
    Free Member

low dampens the low speed movement so it can provide a bit more resistance when the fork is moving up slowly

High is the opposite – for resistance when its moving fast.

Big hits from large drops etc would be fast and climbing ( pedalling out of saddle) would be slow.

duntstick
    Free Member
    geetee1972
    Free Member

Flyingmonkeycorps

I have a bunch of spare springs for the lyric. I think I have a spare firn and x-firm. Think you would be better on firm. You can have my spare one just make a donation to help for heroes up to you how much. mail me and we can sort it out if you’re interested. No problem if not.

finners

Geetee1972 – if you have another firm and X-firm spring for a u-turn lyrik I would like to send some money your way or donation or both…..

flyingmonkeycorps

Hullo Geetee – your kind offer is much appreciated, but I’ve just spoken to a mate who runs Lyriks and has a spare firm spring, so I can give that a go if needed.

Thanks very much though!

**edit** and thanks all for the info, less complex than I initially thought 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Im 15st and std spring is fine, although I needed a firm in Pikes & Domains.

jedi

i use firm and xtra firm

geetee1972
    Free Member

Finners can you mail me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik Spring Weight’ is closed to new replies.