Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lynskey 26 LT Ridgeline – Experiences?
  • RRD
    Free Member

Any thoughts/experiences/comparisons to other ti bikes?

Cheers

ronburgundy

Haven’t ridden a LT but my Pro 29 is awesome! Lynskey quality is hard to beat.

RRD
    Free Member

Ron

Cheers, that’s what I was thinking since a number of brands are now made by Lynskey

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have one – it’s going on sale soon actually.

It’s a lovely frame – just doesn’t suit what I need at the moment unfortunately – need something burlier for the Alps.

Very well made, supple, light. Makes an excellent all day trail bike and is a joy to ride. I run mine with a pair of 110-150mm coil Sektors which suits it. Not as burly as a 456 on the descents but much more comfortable, and quicker, everywhere else.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ps. don’t trust Lynskey geometry on their website though. Evidently, they don’t know how to use a tape measure. I had to send a medium frame back because it wasn’t even close to the spec they suggested.

RRD
    Free Member

Reggie

Cheers, I read your posts a while ago all about the sizing etc.

Could you elaborate when you say you are after something burlier? Any pics? What are you thinking to replace it? I only ask as I presently have a Cove Stiffee and am not too sure if I would also find the Ridgeline not suitably burly

Thanks

Richie

qwerty
    Free Member

I asked Lynskey about their geometry with regard to HA and I got differing answers from them online and Brant on here with regard to the HA being measured sagged or unsagged, Hotlines only complicated it further. Its a lot of cash to spend when you don’t know what your buying. So I didn’t.

qwerty
    Free Member

RG – whatss size is yours?

Sounds like RRD needs to get pleading with Si @ Progressive for a Brodie Holeshot Ti

captaindanger

I demo’ed one about a year ago, think it was organised by bikeradar. It wasn’t set up well (nuke-proof components and very wide bars) They have very old fashioned geometry and didn’t really excite me. Def try one before you buy. I also tried the ragley one and loved it.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I want to build a play bike for the Alps, which is a completely different ball game to a general trail bike. I’m after something short and slack, with some coil Lyrics (which I’ve already got). Probably a HT but maybe FS if I can find the right deal.

The Lynskey is very similar geometry-wise to a 456, which is why I bought it. The main difference is the stiffness. Whereas the 456 is built to be hammered and loves it coming down, the Ridgeline needs to ridden more smoothly. It needs to be setup as a trail bike too (80-100mm stem, 140ish travel forks and 685mm max bars IMO) to work properly. If you set it up as a play bike (shorter stem and wider bars) it won’t like it. Like I said, it’s an all day trail bike at heart but it’s not a play/jump/thrash bike. Too sophisticated for that… 8)

I’ve done a few 4 hour rides in the Lakes on it and it was lovely – balanced and a good compromise – but on my local Thursday night rides, where the terrain is jumpier, rougher and shorter, it’s not quite the right tool.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lynskey 26 LT Ridgeline – Experiences?’ is closed to new replies.