Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ludlow/long mynd
  • JPothecary
    Free Member

Hi

Off to Ludlow this weekend…going to do the forest singletrack but am looking for a long ride out on the Saturday

Has anyone got a long MTB route that takes in the Long Mynd i see a couple on Internet but all are under 20 miles…if you’ve mapped it on Garmin even better :-0

Nick

How far do you want? Can do you a route that takes in Hope Bowdler, Long Mynd and the Stipersones, circa 45 miles? Will have to be later though.

mmel
    Free Member

Long Mynd Loop

Try this 8)

plushhill
    Free Member

We have paper and Garmin routes at the shop (middle of Church Stretton) got a handy Hopton,Mortimers (Ludlow) and Eastridge map too. 20 Miles on the Mynd means multi summit or you could add some Caradoc and Lawley for a bigger loop.

andy7t2
    Free Member

There are loads of bridleways and allowed footpaths just go on the plush hill cycles web site download the map and you can go up and down to your hearts content

JPothecary
    Free Member

Hi Thanks for replies Nick 45 sounds spot on! if its not too much trouble

Thanks

James

Nick

Hi James, I’ll sort something out for you tonight, drop me a mail (in profile) and I’ll reply.

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

All trails are closed at Hopton Woods this weekend, that includes the red route and all downhill trails. There is a national xc event on all weekend.

JPothecary
    Free Member

Oh well looks like just the Mynd then…Nick I sent you a PM if you have time

Nick

Yeah James, done a couple of routes for you 55 miles & 40 miles 😯 both include a loop over the Lawley which is a really nice hard climb, but could be easily left out if you want.

Mounty_73

Hi Nick,

Is there any chance you could send me a copy of those routes please? 😀

Cheers

Scamper
    Free Member

What about the Revelation Trial at Eastridge, if you fancy a quick fix? Only about 6 miles long but lots if climbing and pretty techy. May still be a bit damp, mind.

Nick

E-mail in profile 🙂

Nick

Yeah, Eastridge is not bad, and the longer of the two routes I sent to James drops down from the Stiperstone into Eastridge, so if 55 miles wasn’t enough then adding another 6 would be easy to do 🙂 just follow the signs as you enter the woods from Snailbeach.

Mounty_73

Cheers Nick, sent you an email. 🙂

leonardsmalls
    Free Member

Y’all will be pleased to hear that not all trails at Hopton are closed this weekend…
    The north section is closed – this is the bit that goes from Hopton car park down to Hopton Park, then there’s a new bit right down to the park and back up to the zigZags and first section of the Titterhill climb, then from there to the car park.
    The Titterhill itself is open, though you’d have to access it via the horrendous climb from the pond (I defy you to do it – my record is just about 8m from the top!), as is the rest. So you can add the figure-of-8 round Bucknell Hill after Mereoak to make up for the closed bit…

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Long Mynd Loop

Try this

Hee hee. There are a couple of pictures of me on that route description.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ludlow/long mynd’ is closed to new replies.