Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lubricant for forks ?
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

does anybody use any kind af spray lubricant on forks….. (no i dont btw)….. just wondering as (i hadnt been on the bike for 3 weeks…but went on it today and the forks were a little juddery at first..

Olly
    Free Member

bit of a squirt of dry lube or GT85 makes them last longer and feel plusher for sure.

but if theyve been standing for a while, all the oil will be in the bottom, and they wont work properly till its sloshed up a bit.

jim
    Free Member

Silicone spray seems to work well for me.

iRideSpesh
    Free Member

Try Fork Juice spray. I use it regularly to lube the fork stanchions and so far I am quite impressed.

iRideSpesh

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I put a small amount of fork oil on the stanchions before riding and cycle the forks thru a couple of times then wipe off any excess around the seals.

That's for an oil fork tho (Fox vanilla)…

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

flip your bike over for half an hour and the oil will travel to the seals and keep them moist. just once a week should do it, fork juice is good too.
    joe x

Radioman

TF recommend any lube with Teflon. Some chain lubes have that. Just to be "perfect" I use proper Sendtec fork oil that I drip onto the seals with a neat little "Pen oiler". I let it soak in and just before the ride compress the fork a few times and wipe the stanchions with a rag to remove dirt trapped under the seals.

These precision oilers can be bought at car accesory stores for just a few quid and make adding a couple of drops of oil very easy. If you do that every ride it makes a big difference to performance and extends service interval.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘lubricant for forks ?’ is closed to new replies.