Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Lovely ride in welsh bumpy bits (happy Taz content)
  • tazzymtb

Fandabbydozy I’ve found my riding mojo again (it was hiding in bottom of my camel back under a fluf covered jelly dinosaur).

Top ride today on a rigid singlespeed and was amazed how much fun it was on what is usually a big day out with a FS gearie.

the weather was that clear that you could even see the gullies on tryfan

I love riding again*

* this could just be sugar rush from the ace cake at cafe Florence 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awesome. So envious that I almost hate you.

Day 6 on the sofa.

tazzymtb

TSY- Lurgy or injured? either way get well soon and the come riding

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Injured. I should be fit again within the next 2 weeks.

How are you fixed for early November?

tazzymtb

I’m sure I can fit you in darling

hillsplease

Is envy a bad thing? Also on sofa with twisted ankle and not at Bristol Oktoberfest with the mighty Team Splendid as I should be.

molgrips
    Free Member

You didn’t feel the bitter cold wind blowing through Wales this morning then?

tazzymtb

no bitter wind, just a lovely cooling breeze 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Superb Tazzy, mwah.

Molly – you got any route tips for tough natural trails around your way?

tazzymtb

ooooo and big thanks to the riders who were coming down a trail and cleared the way for a gurning taz on the climb up. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

TSY yes, loads. When are you coming?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

When I’m fit again… 28th or 29th??

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice one, where was the photo taken?

tazzymtb

It’s at the back end of moel ffamau

donsimon
    Free Member

Oooh. Haven’t been there for years.
    I’ve got the mountain bike back now, so I’m just waiting for the call. 😛

Russell96

It was really fine up there today trails were in top shape considering the time of year.

tazzymtb

yep, only a few swampy bits. Looking forward to the snowy icy stuff as that’s always a right old laugh

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice 🙂 I want to do some Wales riding, I’ve only ever been there with a bike once, CyB when I was about 10 on a camping holiday in Dolgellau!

Russell96

Keegans Lane can be a bit hairy in the ice, terrifying good fun, was brilliant riding up there in December some really big drifts to crash into.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gerroff moi laaaand yoos buggerers! Shhh don’t tell no one. Good though innit?

tazzymtb

been riding on them thar hills since the mid 80’s. Lots of the stuff we used to ride has these funny no biking signs on 😉

Keef
    Free Member

I see, no invite,like that is it,still grumpy about me and Stu not inviting you out to play the other week

tazzymtb

not at all old bean, just wanted to check the climbs out on a SS and the descents with a stiff frontage before taking you out for a death march* 😆

* or as it’s commonly known “tazzy’s mountain mincing”

EDIT and apparently Stu has been two timing me, so I’ve gone off him and not told him about my little problem, so hopefully he’s developing an itchy rash in a special place

Keef
    Free Member

I should hope so an all ! I hope you moved all those nasty rocks off the trail for me !

Stu never mentioned the rash thing……

mountainman

YES YES !
    had an excellent ride before going home to bed after me night shift this morning .Even better as no dog walkers out ,all watching the rugby .
    Trawscoed woods, n ystwyth trail,includes cheeky bits .

Bagstard
    Free Member

A bit of a thread resurrection here, just wondering how you got on riding rigid? I’m in the process of lightening up and rigid-ising my only used for commuting 29er, but fancy getting it off road. Looks like you are all on similar bikes in your pic, just wondering how much slower you were on the rigid bikes. Sorry for my rambling quasi-question, I’m rigid curious, but didn’t want to draw attention.

singlespeedstu

Glad you resurrected this thread.

Now I know why my armpit itches so much. 😐

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Lovely ride in welsh bumpy bits (happy Taz content)’ is closed to new replies.