Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Losing air pressure from Fox Talas
  • Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

Hoping the STW hive mind can help….

I seem to be losing air pressure from my 07 Talas RLC forks. If I pump them up to the correct PSI they will have lost all pressure by the following week.

Last ride before I noticed thiis was wet and filthy but not sure how this could affect it…?

Anyone else had this and manage to sort it themselves or is it off to Mojo with them (and the attached bill… :()

Was planning on giving them a strip down and service in the near future anyway so if there’s anything I can do myself I’d be up for having a go.

Cheers

Stan

supertacky
    Free Member

I had same problem about a year ago. I bought a seal kit from Mojo stripped them down and replaced all seals that I could see. replaced lube and rebuilt. They have worked great ever since. Timing the talas can be a pain in the arse though so beware.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Thanks fella, is there an online guide somewhere that you followed?

Thx

Stan

LoCo
    Free Member

Service or replace seals yourself if confident home mechanic, either way drop me a mail for either service and have a look at the link below for instructions:

http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm

then in the l/h side bar: Service>Forks>Talas II 36.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Thanks Loco,

I’ll check it out and drop you a line if (when!) I get any questions…

Thanks

Stan

stumpyjon

Personally I’d send them off to TFTuned. Talas can be a b*gger to work on plus you’ll know they’ve been properly sorted. They did my 07 RL’s last year and did a great job.

Normally I’d service forks myself, I do my REBAs for example but I’ve had bad experiences with TALAS.

kiwijohn

I had my 07 TALAS serviced this year by the LBS & they got the TALAS internals replaced under warranty as the early ones were faulty.
    Might be worth looking into.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Hmm, that’s interesting. Thanks for the tip John…

🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Stumpyjon, having worked at Mojo for three years and a short time a TF so I have a rough idea what I’m doing 😉

I think what Kiwi Jom was refering to is that the LBS would have sent the forks to Mojo rather than repairing Talas II assemblies have been installing the latest version (Talas III)

You wouldn’t get this if you sent them to TF or myself however I can probably arrange something if you get in touch when they need servicing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Losing air pressure from Fox Talas’ is closed to new replies.