Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lordswood – Southampton
  • Simonpieman
    Free Member

So been living in Southampton for 3 months now and its about time I got back to riding…..

I have absolutely no commimtments for this weekend so does anybody fancy showing me around lordswood? from what I understand its a bit of a maze.

I am a bit unfit at the mo but otherwise house trained rider up for a bit of any sort of riding.

chojin
    Free Member

Every Thursday there’s an organised ride – get involved!

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Yeah definatly up for some night riding, Thursday would work for me as well most of time. what is the normal plan for Thursday rides do people just turn up? how long does the ride take? I really miss my old night riding crowd so it would be good to meet some new guys.

Also quite keen to have a look around in the daylight first….(feel free to call me a wuss)

benjbish

Normal plan is to meet at 7pm on Thursdays by the Gas pressure reducing station just along from the Sports centre. Normally 1.5 hours riding on the dry, dusty trails.

wukfit
    Free Member

Live just outside southampton (Bursledon) and was tempted to go to lordswood this weekend (19th/20th) have never been before, and was just planning on riding round for hours for a laugh!
    Unfortunately I work every Thursday and don’t drive so am not able to make the night rides (plus never done a night ride)
    If you fancy exploring the area this weekend I’m up for it?

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Cool, might not be able to make it for the next 2 thursday (a bit busy at work at the mo) but sounds good. Is the gas pressure reducing station obvious to find? I am thinking massive great gas tower but can’t see anything on Google.

On the plus side I now know that southampton has a “snow sports centre” who would have thought it?

Dry dusty trails sounds great 😀 you wouldn’t lie to me would you? 🙂

Simonpieman
    Free Member

wukfit, sounds like we could have a go exploring if all else fails, I have a trail map but I suspect that it will end up being a “follow tyre tracks” mission.

I am over near your way as well. I will send you a message later in the week.

mattbee

Gas pressure reducing station is easy to find. Head down Coxford Rd into Lordswood and it’s a fenced off compound on the left about 50m after road turns to gravel and mud.
    Thursday night is 1 to 1.5 hours ATM, longer in the summer but the trails are so dry at the moment they have come out the other side and become wet.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

OK I can see it now cheers maybe see you down there in a week or so.

FieldMarshall

WCA, our usual local guide (but currently out of action with a busted foot) put together some maps a year or so ago;

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/maps-of-lordswood-southampton

I normally pitch up for Thurs night, but there is also a regular Sunday morning ride.

I’m not sure of the time for that one, but hopefully “Basstronic” or one of the others will be along to confirm details.

nixie

The regular Sunday hasn’t happened for a while. However Ian (Basstronic) and I are looking to get out for this again. Was normally around 10 or 10.30 for 1-2 hours depending on how we felt.

lucien

Much of LW can’t be that ride-able at the moment given the trashing by the FC last year, and biblical amount of rain in the last few months?

plyphon
    Free Member

When the weather starts to cheer up I will become a regular of LW this year. Probably weekends only tho.

nixie

Much of LW can’t be that ride-able at the moment given the trashing by the FC last year, and biblical amount of rain in the last few months?

Its very wet yes but still plenty ridable. Lots of practise for adverse condition handling skills.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Cool I can do Sunday morning around that time if you like, let me know.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Wukfit it turns out that the forum doesn’t let me pm you (unless aim being stupid) I have a bit of a cold but think I will head down on Sunday morning for a troll around. Welcome to meet over there iif you want or failing hat just say hi I ou see me. I will probably be on a brown reign.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lordswood – Southampton’ is closed to new replies.