Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Loooooooooooong shot but…
  • canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

I know this being a UK based forum I may be wasting my time but..

Does anyone know of a function room in Barcelona which can be rented cheaply for private parties/concerts?

A couple of options have fallen through on me and I’m getting a little desperate.

Cheers.

iDave
    Free Member

join the barca section of internations.org and ask?

poolman
    Free Member

or http://www.britishexpats.com – spain section. Some people there are in barca so will help if they can.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Now that IS a good idea. Never heard of those websites. Cheers.

donsimon
    Free Member

How many people?

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Don, between 60 and 100

Cougar

No such thing as a long shot on this forum.

donsimon
    Free Member

If you can give me more details about what you’re looking for I’ve got a Catalan mate who’s the commercial director of a pharma company and is usewd to spending time at conventions. The more details of what you’re looking for, when, cost etc. The less ping-pong I’ll have to play with both him and you.
    My email is in profile.

mrchrispy

^^^^^^^^ Wot couger said

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

You’ve got to love this place sometimes!!

Don, tienes mail. Gracias, sale como sale hay un Estrella que lleva tu nombre si te encuentras un dia en Catalunya!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Mail sent and we’ll wait for his reply.
    You’ll fit in with the Catalans perfectly on that budget. 😉

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Look after the pennies, Don…

Lots of bars and places let you play for free if you bring a crowd, they just keep the bar receipts. Only problem is some places have siad yes and changed their mind when one of their mates or a bigger group have come along.

donsimon
    Free Member

You know it was the Catalans that discovered copper wire by trying to look after said pennies, don’t you? 😀

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

What does a Catalan do when he’s cold?

Move closer to the radiator.

What does he do when it’s really cold?

donsimon
    Free Member

Turn it on?

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

😆

You’ve heard it before!

Cougar

“hey baby, you know, even for a radiator, you’re hot. Wanna come back to my place?”

donsimon
    Free Member

You’ve heard it before!

No, the reputation of the Catalans precedes them. 😀
    (Before anyone gets precious on behalf of the Catalans, this is nothing I wouldn’t say in front of Catalans in general or my Catalan friends).

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Some of my best friends are Catalan…

(and the mrs…)

donsimon
    Free Member

More seriously, how is the crisis affecting Cataluña? The last I heard the community was practically bankrupt. 😯

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

It’s not pretty. The ‘retallades’ are strong, especially in the health service. My chica needed an operation last year just as they were coming into effect, they were talking about closing the whole hospital wing and that’s Hospital Clinic where they fixed up King Juan-Ca. No pay rise in 2 years (I’m private education), metro and bus up around 10% and food just keeps going up. Education (state) is taking a hit too, funcionarios being shelved left, right and centre, and even TV3 is having a massive budget cut. Looks like they’ll lose football rights. Small potatoes in the big scheme, but the culés won’t be happy.
    Everyone knows someone who is unemployed, youth is restless, and Camps gets free suits.

donsimon
    Free Member

Difficult and one of the reasons I got out. In Madrid I was being told that the Ayuntamiento was paying its bills by using land they had in Zaragoza, Cataluña being bankrupt was acommon romour. At least Rajoy is going to save you, but judging by the unfavourable cartoons I’m starting see, I’m not too sure about that. 😐

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Doesn’t look too much better anywhere else though. Rajoy is about as popular as a fart in a lift in Catalunya, but then the PP always will have it tough here. Still, they can take our pensions but they’ll never take our (your) sunshine!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Loooooooooooong shot but…’ is closed to new replies.