Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • London drivers – commute question.
  • Taking my caravan down next week to save the best part of £600 per month in Travelodge expenses. I have the choice of Lee Valley, or Abbey Wood. Both are the same distance from Stratford and I know travelling to Enfield (Lee Valley) will be the lesser of two evils – however, I fancy Abbey Wood so I can cycle or train into the city with my camera.

So, just how bad will it be travelling south of the river at 5pm and back to Stratford at 7am?

grantway
    Free Member

Got to say you be queuing up very early on the M11

Maybe better parking the Caravan with the Gipsies on the Bow Triangle http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgsl/651-700/655_authorised_travellers_sit.aspx

Probably better on the campsite near Epping Forest
    http://www.theelmscampsite.co.uk/
    And maybe better getting on the Central line into Stratford

Traveling in from South you probably best go through the Greenwich foot tunnel
    and cycling towards Poplar and then through to Bow flyover turning right into
    Stratford.
    But be very carful driving around the Bow flyover due to a cyclist killed last year.

BBC News On Bow Roundabout

Eh, neither option would mean me using the M11 to access – unless I was to go the long way round to Lee Valley.

Train not an option – I have a pick-up full of tools.

Cheers anyway

TheBrick
    Free Member

The traffic is worse heading north in the morning and south in the evening. At 5 pm is will be bad, however at 7 am is will be ok.

Abbey wood is a shit hole so be careful, Belvedere is not too bad.

TheBrick
    Free Member

P.S. When I say 7 am I mean you are at the tunnel by 07:00. The traffic situation can change very quickly.

qwerty
    Free Member

Hertford and bike / train / bike?

Hertford and bike / train / bike?

How about read / previous / post? 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘London drivers – commute question.’ is closed to new replies.