Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Local novice trail builder needs advice wrt processes and methods
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

allo.

I have been growing frustrated lately by the lack of decent trails around the area where i live. The other day i decided to get the OS out and have a bit of a reccy around some local bridleways in my area. I kinda knew that it wasn't going to be the most adrenaline fueled ride ever but thought i would chance my arm.

I was proven to be correct wrt the lack of flowing singletrack. However…on the ride i was encouraged by the general geography of the routes in question, shortly after there followed a grinding noise which i identified as being my thought process!

Can any experienced trail builders provide some advice to all areas of trail development? Finding who has the land seems like a good place to start after that i am needing help!

Thank you for your suggestions.

thomthumb
    Free Member

there is document available from imba, free to members £3 otherwise which would be your best starting place.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

go cheeky, if badgers and dear can use it, what harm is a bike doing?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Finding who has the land seems like a good place to start

Do nothing until you have done that. Work with the landowners, it's the only way! The folks at Redlands in the Surrey Hills are a shining example of this.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Ever seen a badger use a chain saw? It's that kind of stuff, un used and neglected for a long time.

Thanks will get onto that doc. 😆

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Do i need to contact the land registry to find out the owners? How do i go about doing this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Local novice trail builder needs advice wrt processes and methods’ is closed to new replies.