Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • lights. what's good for next winter?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Avoiding the direct from China route, what are the options in the UK?

Houns

Think i'm gonna get the Exposure 6 pack 😯

M6TTF
    Free Member

Brant has some tRout-esque LL lights in the making, and trouty himself is working on some new systems…

donsimon
    Free Member

What's the verdict on Ay Ups?

RealMan
    Free Member

Exposure all the way.

M6TTF
    Free Member

3 mates running ay ups and really rate them – quite expensive though

grahamt1980

Had my ayups for a few years now, still like them and can't see any point getting anything else. Depends on just how much light you think you need i guess.
    Just need to get out night riding more this winter

Dibbs
    Free Member

Light & Motion are doing Seca 1400, plenty of light and a good beam pattern.

mrmo
    Free Member

got a set of ayups and they work, what more do you need them to do. They aren't the brightest or the cheapest but as a system they are probably one of the best solutions.

Olly
    Free Member

very happy with my deal extreme light so far.
    only had it out a handful of times early spring, but for the money very happy with it.

EDIT: Doh, didnt read OP. still, worth a consider i think

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Lupine Piko

ziggy
    Free Member

Seca 1400 for me as well, ran a 700 all last winter and was faultless.

Can't wait to see what 1400 lumens look like 🙂

sam_underhill

Love my lumicycle 3LED. Upgradeable as well.

Tinners

Never mind the last swallow of summer. This thread has to be the first sign of autumn, surely.

phiiiiil

I've been wondering the same thing but didn't want to say anything 'cos it's only July! 🙂

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Also have a lumicycle 3Led upgrade – perfect

nickc

Used the On one last winter after my HID packed up. Seemed OK for the price.

ton

TROUT LIGHT…………………awesome. 8)

MoreCashThanDash

It's like the Chinese route, only a bit closer to home:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SSC-P7-LUMENS-CYCLE-POWERFUL/dp/B003F0627M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1273174256&sr=1-1

Awesome amount of light per pound spent – can't wait for my mates to dig out their bigger brand stuff to have a proper compare. Light envy is a terrible thing…..

greasyrider
    Free Member

I quite like this one, but you might have to make your own…

giantjason
    Free Member

i have been using the Exposure Maxx joystick and bar combo for the last two winters and they have never let me down. Simple design with good bracket fixing…..what more do you want?

Luminous
    Free Member

I'm in the process of finalising designs and ordering housings.

Other items in the pipeline too.

Did anyone from here see the 601 on loan at MM ?.

There may be a loaner going for the D2D also, if anyones interested.

Trout and I have been chatting and I reckon theres some good stuff to come out this coming season. His little triple looks promising.
    I've been working on a triple too.

Keep watching out for Trout and I.

🙂

Luminous

loddrik
    Free Member

exposure enduro here

tazzymtb

I think this will do it for me. UK distributor now so now **** about with china and only 99 quid for a light that looks like mickey mouse!!!

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/contact.php

and next day delivery

Saccades
    Free Member

exposure race maxx on the handlebar and hope 1 led on the helmet – excellent light and no wires to faff about with and easy to charge too.

Luminous
    Free Member

tazzymtb.

That light is well fugly. If £100 quid is the budget, then perhaps the light from SpokeBloke ?.

But I wouldn't rush, wait and see what Trout and I come up with. After all, its only July.
    😉

L

Harry_the_Spider
    tazzymtb

well my magicshine from china last year was tops and worked a treat. It was better than my huuuugely powerful HID lightsabre. I think it looks ace (but then I own an ellsworth so my taste is definitely on the **** side) and it'll be a very small unit which is nice.

I'm in no rush so lets see what's out there for winter, anything will be better than when i first started night riding (a set of eveready battery lights on a set of scott AT4 bars in the late 80's ) 😀

Luminous
    Free Member

I'm in no rush so lets see what's out there for winter, anything will be better than when i first started night riding (a set of eveready battery lights on a set of scott AT4 bars in the late 80's )

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I use to ride with 240 paper lumens, it seemed like loads 🙂 Now we're into 4 figures.

How things change, eah ?.

Cheers

Luminous

tazzymtb

Luminous -it almost takes the challenge out of it 😉 ACTUALLY being able to see what's ahead , next we'll all be on night vision riding goggles.

hang on that's an ace idea!

Luminous
    Free Member

TazzyMTB.

Ha !, yeah, I was saying this to a mate of mine a few years ago, NV goggles. But if you saw what they looked like, no way I was going to turn up to a race with a pair of those on. 😆

Anyway, with the output from some lights now, if you were wearing NVGs, the ligths would probably damage them.

SFB reckoned my light was actually too bright !.

But yeah, NVGs, just think about it, all in the darkness, Spooky, Stealth !.

😀

L

Ewan
    Free Member

How about these:

http://www.four4th.co.uk/four4th_helmet_bundle.shtml

made in the UK as well. Very good quality…

Kuco

How bright 😯

bigsi
    Free Member

Had a sneak preview of the Exposure 6 pack at the Bonty, my god how bright? Its not a small unit but jesus it's like having a mini sun on your bars. Its so bright it could scorch the earth it lights up !!!

As a result it means some 2nd hand Big Daddy's so i think I'll pick up one of those 😀

trout
    Free Member

From the guys who have tested the Micky mouse Bastid here is what you get for your extra money
    a light which on paper has more lumens but in real life throws less light down the trail
    and runs for less time on a charge . not in their opinion a step forward
    over the £50 bastid . be far better buying 2 of the standard bastids .

Lights are getting far too powerfull if you ask me 😉

Kuco

Whats the average car/motor bike? IT's getting rather silly imo.

crazy-legs

Quite fancy one of those new Exposures. Probably not the top of the range one but a Diablo Mk2 would be nice.

I was initially a bit underwhelmed by the first Diablo but I really like it now. I did the Dunwich Dynamo last week and, while my NiteRider Storm is ace, it's also heavy with the battery packs and someting integrated and bright would be the perfect answer. 🙂

AverageMark
    Free Member

Evening trout. Interested in what you have planned as my troutlite was fine last year at D2D, remember meeting you briefly as i was about to go out for a lap. Only problem is i have to throttle it this year as i seem to be doing it solo, so something as a back up would be good.

rOcKeTdOg

TROUT LIGHT…………………awesome

so i've heard , but i've had nor reply to my last two emails, i'd rather support an enthusiast mtber than a big concern too

trout
    Free Member

Rocketdog Mucho apologies Got a new Puter with windows 7 and having a few getting used to it probs ( my fault not the puters )
    can you resend either both or a resume of them .

Hi AverageMark Wish I was fit enough to have a go at D2D would love to have a go maybe next year after a major Render down of the lard.

Website having a slow and painfull update but new stuff will be these

Big mother of a light and its little brothers .

With excelent Batteries By Smudge

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘lights. what's good for next winter?’ is closed to new replies.