Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • light weight rear wheel set up, recommendations…..
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Hello I need to purchase a lightweight rear wheel set up, hubs spoke and rim, looking for something that will cope with a) 14stone weight b) complete clumsy/numpty riding c) be a reasonable price d) will be lighter than the hope xc rear hub on mavic en 521 e) run upto a 2.3 tyre when needed. Not really wanting to run tubless but will consider.

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

I'm a good couple of stone heavier than you and manage fine on Mavic 717s which are pretty light and fit 2.3s no problem.

Hub wise, you won't save loads of weight on the Hope without spending lots

njee20
    Free Member

Yes you will, Hope XCs are heavy.

I'd just get a Hope Hoop on ZTR 355 (or a Flow if you're really clumsy). Tougher, lighter and wider than a 717.

neninja
    Free Member

Stans ZTR or American Classic rear hub, Stans ZTR Crest rim and DT Comp spokes would be a decent light and strong combination

JohnClimber
    Free Member

neninja's spot on with Stans ZTR Crest rim running on American Classic hubs.
    Love mine, call Jon at JRA in Sheffield

matthew_h
    Free Member

A Crest on a ZTR hub with Supercomp spokes would be about 780g for a rear wheel and would be a really nice build.

clubber
    Free Member

without spending lots

hicksville
    Free Member

as clubber said without spending a lot so around £150 to £190, but great suggestions if i had the cash

matthew_h
    Free Member

Changing the supercomp spokes to comps in my build and using brass nipples would come in about £175 or so and only be about 50g heavier

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘light weight rear wheel set up, recommendations…..’ is closed to new replies.