Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Let's see some Trigger's Broom bikes…..
  • Pickers

Lots of people on here been riding a long time, how many still keeping an old frame going? My 15 yr old GT Zaskar is now on it’s 5th set of forks, 3rd set of wheels but only 2nd BB. The only part been on from new is the seatpost.
    I still love riding it, can’t see me ever selling it and it’s in daily use at the moment for a commute that’s half offroad.
    Bonus points for pics with different bits on….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Triggers brush, thats a laugh. This is Triggers brush….
    A Denton Cycles Tange Prestige fillet brazed job that I paid £120 for in about 1997 ish,

‘same’ bike now..

The only original parts are the RH seat & chainstays. The downtube was 1st to go cos some numpty had sawn 1/2 way through it in an effort to remove the cable stops, next was the seatube cos I fancied a fancy seatclamp along with the top tube cos I altered the geometry to suit suspension forks. Then the LH chainstay & seatstay got changed cos they cracked with the advent of disc brakes & last time round the BB shell & head tube got re-newed cos they were well worn out with the removal of BB & headsets over the years! It’s also re-badged as a Fleet after the company that Kevin Winter (who built it) worked for.
    I will never ever get rid of this frame, I f***ing love it!! 😆

PS, actually, the stem & bars are also different now.

Northwind

The mighty Iron Chicken:

IMAG0010 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

21 years old now I think. It was a Carrera Krakatoa, inexplicably tange tubed though still rather weighty. The frame, forks and one of the wheels are original but every other bit got snapped, ground down or otherwise destroyed over the years.

This is my Rigid Thing:

IMG_0366 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Only original bit is the frame… I upgraded every part, then replaced the frame too and built my Scandal out of the bits, then rebuilt this with leftovers, then gradually upgraded it then rigidised it. Cost me £200 :mrgreen:

simondbarnes

15th Anniversary Ride by simondbarnes, on Flickr

15 years old. Frame & seatpin are original 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

sweepy
    Free Member

I need to see a video of that 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I haven’t got a picture to hand but my Scott Strike is entirely original apart from the replacement frame, forks, swing arm, handle bars, drive train, head set…

The seat tube and the top cap are original but I don’t think anything else is.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Let's see some Trigger's Broom bikes…..’ is closed to new replies.