Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Les Arcs XC route?
  • unstableJ
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me roughly how far and how long it takes to ride the XC route from Vallnadry to Arc 1600?

Les Arcs map

Contemplating a Saturday jaunt out of Peisy/Vallandry over to the bike park stuff when there only appears to be limited lifts running.

Cheers
    j

phil.w
    Free Member

i'm not sure of that marked route but you can get to 1600 along the summer road from Vallandry in about 30mins at an easy pace.

Are you in Peisy though or Plan Peisy as Peisy will take a while longer unless the lobster pots (lonzagne) lift is open.

unstableJ
    Free Member

Cheers for that. We're in Peisy, further research seems to suggest the lobster pots, as you call them, don't run Saturdays either…

might have to ride up some hills to get much of a ride in Saturday.

Thinking though I could ride down to Bourg, get the Funicular back up and then ride back across the hill. That looks feasible in an afternoon.

R979
    Free Member

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with more detailed information…but…yes, the ride from 1600 to Vallandry is pretty easy and yes ~30min. There is the nice little run down under the lobster pots back into Peisy if you go via Vallandry. Not ridden Val->1600, no point, down to Bourg back up on Funicular.

There's a great run(s) down to Bourg from Vallandry (there is also a way from Peisy but I can't remember the directions). We used a trail that left from near the recycling point on the road below Bar Maxim. It runs down to the valley with about a 1km ride to the Funicular. Forget whether the Cachet runs on Saturday, so you may be 'limited' to trails from 1600. Then the XC from 1600 back across to Peisy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs XC route?’ is closed to new replies.