Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • left versus right side of Brain
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

ok so we have the left side of brain which in theory does this thinking :
    logical, sequential, rational, analytical, objective.

The Right side of Brain does this :
    Random, Inuitive, creativity, Holistic, subjective.

how do scientist know this is correct ?
    initialy if i have to think about something quickly, my thoughts always come from the left part of my brain ( i guess if i have to study a certain thing for longer then its my right side of brain…. so does the brain think rationaly for a split second …i guess it does cos ‘rationaly’ comes into the left side of the brain catagory… thats why we make lots of mistakes initialy cos we dont use the right hand side of our Brains enough….
    another thing : what happens if you are right or left handed person..if you are left handed i wonder if you use the left side of brain more often….
    sorry just trying to do some research of the brain….dont ask me why …i have no idea…. 😕 :mrgreen:

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What about the bit in the middle or the little brain or the stem?

honourablegeorge

elaine anne – Member

initialy if i have to think about something quickly, my thoughts always come from the left part of my brain

How do you know that?

crikey
    Free Member

I suspect that higher quality, better organised, more clearly presented information on this subject could be obtained from elsewhere on the internet.

MSP

how do scientist know this is correct ?

They study the electrical impulses in the brain while the subject performs varying tasks and activities.

BigJohn

They also see a lot of patients with localised brain damage and see what has stopped working.

When the bit that links the two breaks some very strange results occur. See “The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat”.

iDave
    Free Member

The whole left/right thing isn’t actually something that neurologists would go along with – it’s more useful to life coaches and journalists. The interaction between the two ‘sides’ is too great to make a simplistic separation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘left versus right side of Brain’ is closed to new replies.