Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Leeds / Yorks Riders (again)
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

I tried to organise a ride around Christmas but couldn’t end up getting it sorted becuase of the hacking hoo-hah.

So 2nd time lucky!

Would any Leeds or Yorkshire based riders fancy meeting up for a ride sometime? Was thinking of maybe doing a weekend ride in Dales somewhere, date tbc, but soon ish (although not 7&8th March as am away).

I can bring cake if that’s a deal maker? 😉

domino

Yes if its later on in March as I already have stuff on for the first two weekends. Its about time I joined you for a ride.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yay 🙂 I agree domino, it’s about time we met up.

gingerflash

Dales, Peak, N York Moors, anywhere round about really.

Peak this Sunday actually, if anyone wants to join us.

steel4real
    Free Member

I’d be interested in both. There was a ride organised on here in Calderdale last year and it was good fun meeting a few faces with some interesting riding.
    Would prefer less travelling and maybe lucky enough to score a holiday for the first week in March so not available for the proposed weekend.
    However, would be interested in riding in the Peaks this Sunday 22nd, if you would have me a long, probably not fit enough for an epic, but if you could give an indication of proposed route, meeting time and place I can let you know ?

P.S. Have you got a Chromag ? I’d be interetsted enough just to come along and see that !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d be up for it (I organised, kinda) the Calderdale one in September and that was a good bash – both days…

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I might be up for a ride in the Peak on Sunday, where abouts are you thinking? How far etc?
    Cheers

steel4real
    Free Member

DBW – if you’re up for the ride on Sunday and the Flashes don’t mind a few tag alongs, I could offer a lift as I recall you’re on Saville Park and I’m just up the way at King Cross.

gingerflash

Steel & Davey – we’ve been invited on a Dales ride tomorrow so we’ll be doing that but you’re both welcome to come along. We’re meeting in the main car park in Grassington at 10am. Probably won’t be a massive ride, certainly won’t be superfast.

“holiday for the first week in March so not available for the proposed weekend.”

The weekend mentioned, 7 & 8 March is a weekend we CAN’T do it.

I probably won’t be on the Chromag tomorrow I don’t think, unless I can’t get the Superlight headset sorted for some reason.

clareymorris

I would be right up for it, but March is totally booked up for me! Another time though… I’m sure we can get together eventually!!!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

GF – the Chromag looks splendid! Does it ride as good as it looks?

gingerflash

Yes it does! The only downsides are (1) the superlight doesn’t get ridden as much and (2) it’s probably going to get me hurt doing something silly.

There’s something about the layout and shape that makes me want to ride the things I’m scared of. 🙂

gingerflash

Yes it does! The only downsides are (1) the superlight doesn’t get ridden as much and (2) it’s probably going to get me hurt doing something silly.

There’s something about the layout and shape that makes me want to ride the things I’m scared of. 🙂

gingerflash

So good I posted twice.

steel4real
    Free Member

Mr & Mrs Flash – thankyou for the invite, but I’m going to decline Crassington tomorrow, I’m going walking tomorrow after quite a bit of driving today and a decent session of DH riding 😕

I really do hope to see that Chromag sometime, so if you’d have me along next time you ride in the Peaks or even Calderdale (despite living there I’m sure you’ll know a trail or two I don’t !!), give me a shout. 🙂

Cheers.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sorry all – only just read this. Won’t be able to make the Dales tomorrow – off for a couple of hours to Stainburn and next weekend I’m rebuilding the Blur – any weekend after that would be cool!

steel4real – we’ll have to organise something local to here – ride from our doorsteps. Got a minter of a ride planned which I’ve wanted to do for a while but it takes in a fair bit of cheeky stuff so probably not one for a huge group!

steel4real
    Free Member

Flashes – I’ve woken up early and changed my mind, I can go walking tomorrow so I shall take you up on your kind offer to meet at Grassington !

I shall make sure I get there in good time.

DBW – I’d like that. I won’t be available the next 2 weekends, but after that my diary is free and can also do Fridays (place I work is on short time !) until Easter. Cheeky stuff is good for me ! Have a good one at Stainburn – I really like riding there, although last time a few weeks ago I just seemed to mess evry tech bit up !

steel4real
    Free Member

P.S. email addy for getting hold of me quicker marcusstart@hotmail.co.uk

igm

Any room for an unfit foreigner? Depending on the date I’m up for it. (iain dot miller at ce-electricuk dot com)

lourdes
    Free Member

I’d love to join you, but recovering from a broken hand so no riding for a good 2 months I guess…. after that, definitely yes.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Was nice to meet you marcus 🙂

Sorry to hear about your hand Lourdes, hope it heals soon.

igm, yup, all welcome. I’ll have a look in the calendar and propose some dates.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Leeds / Yorks Riders (again)’ is closed to new replies.