• This topic has 47 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Leeds
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

Sorry Elf but as much as I’ve made Bradford & district my home for the last 29 years, it’s a hole. Specifically a Westfield Hole.

My last band did 14 gigs last year, 2 in Bradford, 1 in Barnsley & the rest in Leeds. Bradford is officially dead as far as nights out go; Leeds is a good night out & it does actually have some retail and cultural establishments

Baildon is nice though

meehaja
    Free Member

Bradford has sole, not soul, as in belongs on the bottom of your shoe! I’ve never been so glad to move away from a place! (and I live in Armley and rather like it!)

headfirst
    Free Member

‘uddersfield is only 20 min’s on the train and we’ve got proper hills for biking up and down!

Free Member

It’s nicknamed Special Needs for a reason …

headfirst
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve never been so glad to move away from a place!

Then you, sir, are nought but a barbaric philistine. 😐

Spaceman
    Free Member

Avoid Farsley (and to a lesser extent Pudsey) I lived there for nearly two years, the people there are the most insular, unfriendly people I’ve had the misfortune to meet, not at all welcoming to incomers.

Far Headingley, Kirkstall and (bits of) Meanwood are good, probably the best parts of town for someone in their early twenties. Headingley/Hyde Park is packed with students and has high burglary rates and is a bit rough but lively.
    Horsforth is nice but a wee bit further out, a bit dull mind.

It’s worth keeping an open mind, I’ve never seen somewhere where good areas and bad areas are so close together so it’s hard to generalise about large areas of the city.
    Leeds is great, I still miss living there. The Tweed valley has its compensations though!

grum
    Free Member

Why not take a look at
    Beeston
    Chapel Town
    Seacroft
    Armly
    Gipton
    Harehills
    amongst others

You missed off Little London, lovely spot

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Leeds’ is closed to new replies.