Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LBS recommendations in Sevenoaks area please
  • grahamb
    Free Member

I’ve a friend who lives in Sevenoaks who’s looking for a service on his hardtail – new crankset, cassette, chain possibly mechs etc. He’s looking for recommendations for an LBS to do the work.

Outside of Sevenoaks would be ok, but not as far as the City.

bomba
    Free Member

There’s only one shop in Sevenoaks (I think it’s called Bike Warehouse) and I’m not sure I’d trust them to do servicing. I have to say that I don’t have any evidence for my opinion, it’s just a feeling I’ve got from going in there a couple of times – the shop just doesn’t feel ‘right’.

Wildside (aka Wildprice) in Tunbridge Wells is an option, but expect to pay through the nose and be treated like a pleb.

You could head up to Bromley for Bromley Bike Co or Bigfoot Bikes, but my preference would be for Petra Cycles in Oxted. Just down the A25, parking outside and a good shop – like a proper LBS should be.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Petra Cycles are very good and freindly, they dont hold much highend stuff in stock but if you look on there website they can get anything in, they are my LBS and have always treated me well. Worth giving them a ring before you travel just to check they can fit him in. Wildside used to be my LBS and i avoided them like the plaque, always had awful service with prices that you have to bend over for.

grahamb
    Free Member

Many thanks for the feedback both of you. It looks like it’s a clear winner.

alaric

Everden Cycles in Paddock Wood have are always pretty good…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘LBS recommendations in Sevenoaks area please’ is closed to new replies.