Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty 214
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Who’s got one ? If so sell it too me ive been looking at them for ages so show and tell me why i should.

rewski
    Free Member

I have a 514, worth the extra for carbon rear and xt if you can. Amazing bike, fast up and downhill.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

2010 – 714 – looking at 2011 914 – great bikes. Should I? 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

If you have the money why not?

chakaping
    Free Member

I was going to write about them, then realised you has already emailed me about mine anyway!

Probably best to say what I think here though rather than email, and then if anyone thinks I’m BSing you they can say so.

Anyway in a nutshell…

Great frame, handles amazingly, BB is rubbish (uses new press fit “standard”), heavier than some 140mm frames but not an anvil, Float R does not get best out of frame – massive improvement since I upgraded to a high volume RP23.

Standard kit on 214s seems serviceable, although I sold most of the budget bits it came with and heavily upgraded mine.

Zesty in general is very fast for a 140mm bike and feels like a shorter travel bike due to the very taut 4-bar suspension.

The Float R (which has permanent propedal) exaggerated that effect to the point where it wasn’t very good on rocky stuff. Being able to turn the Propedal off makes the world of difference and it now gobbles up rocks comfortably.

Kato

oooh, they’re nice. Picked my 2010 up in sales for only £1200. Not seen fit to change anything on it yet, but it’s pretty heavy. Mind you i’ve never ridden anything with more than 100mm of travel before so perhaps it’s not that heavy. Pedals and climbs really well and I’m well pleased. Always have a grin on my face when I ride it. 2011 one is not such a nice colour, but has a tapered headtube

Oh the headset is rubbish, mine is knackered already and apparently they’re all like it

Rosss
    Free Member

Kato where was yours from

Kato

Bought it from Evans mate. Wouldn’t normally have, but they were the cheapest

Rosss
    Free Member

Bugger! Sold out

Cubed
    Free Member

Cleam mine after every ride – and not had any of the bb problems or headset problems. First full suss bike for me – taken me a while to get it all set up right.
    Overrall it’s not the lightest – but hey it makes you spin goiung up, and makes you grin on the way down. Only gripe is it seems a bit front end heavy when hitting jumps – uppy downy seastpost and getting weight back more will cure that.
    Compare it to the new bikes – 7005 ali against 6061 – no real difference. Weight wise – it’s upgradable if you want too.
    Why spend over 600 quid more with barely a kilo in difference between the two bikes. Save the money and upgrade in the sales.
    Overrall a great bike(by the way i paid 1200 for mine but not many places got them left).

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I got a 214 for the frame, bike was on offer like Kato. Upgraded a lot of the bits and it turns into quite a light bike for 140mm travel.

Pedals very well, better than my old style Trek Fuel Ex. Possibly cos you can’t turn off the pro-pedal. I thought basic Float shocks didn’t have propedal at all, but it probably explains why it pedals so well.

Agree the BB is total rubbish, mine lasted 2 rides from new.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty 214’ is closed to new replies.