• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lakes this weekend, what rubber?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Other than the perennial High Roller, what tyres do you use in the lakes? Never ridden there before and last nights ride suggested my tyres are past their best. Also, should it rain, how grippy is Lake district rock? Bike is a 5 in case that may sway the tyre choice. Tyres will be run tubeless on Stans Flow rims.

senorj

Kenda nevegal rear /blue groove front and you won't go wrong.

the slate can be deadly when wet , or more fun!

qwerty
    Free Member

ribbed

rOcKeTdOg

pie flavour (the locals luv 'em)

Baldysquirt

I have found the lakes to be more forgiving of tyre choice than many places I've ridden (not sure whether that's true, or why it might be). It's rocky and drains well, and it's going to have been pretty dry, so whatever you would want for your local riding, but make sure it's a reasonable volume and on the tough side of things.

elliptic
    Free Member

What Baldy said – I've run all sorts there and it never seems to make that much difference so long as they're a decent size.

anc
    Free Member

Depends how you ride the rock really, if your not quick on the rock most tyres will do. I use 2.4 Fat Alberts ust which are great but quite pricey. Tyres that have a good rep with regular riding locals, off the top of my head are High Rollers, Michelin Rock'r, RubberQueens, Rampages etc. Basically robust and 2.2-2.4 size wise.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lakes this weekend, what rubber?’ is closed to new replies.