Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lab Gear – just received mine
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

It’s one of their merino wool short sleeved jerseys…

Overall pretty good

Things I like:
    ‘feel’ – both on and off
    sizing – snug and stretchy. These need to fit close to ‘work’
    100% merino as opposed to merino inner and poly outer
    long zip
    long tail which keeps your lower back covered
    Don’t like:
    elastic bottom and cuffs
    rear pockets – so roadie
    metal feeling zip

Came through quick enough from Oz, pricing reasonable enough

Need to give it some more trail time to fully decide it does what it says on the tin, but so far so good…

druidh
    Free Member

I have one of their older 3/4 sleeve merino tops (cannae remember the name of it). Nice stuff – very comfy, but I was put off by all that marketing sh!te they came out with a year or so back.

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – but I did also get some 3/4 lycra bibs when they were shifting all the old stock 🙂

LabGear
    Free Member

Bonesetter, glad you’re liking the top. I’ll email you for some more feedback. Interesting note on the elastic and pockets, as being a ‘trad top’ it would naturally have both (I think the site says as much too – better check that).

druidh, again happy you like our kit but am wondering about the ‘marketing sh!te’ considering it is something I personally have always been against. Unless this is something that happened in the UK we were not aware of. Regardless, I can guarantee you 150% that everything we have on the website is true and honest, otherwise would not be there 🙂

Cheers and beers,

Gerard

Spud

Gerard, do the bibs have the same pad in them as the 3/4s of old?

Greg

DezB
    Free Member

Good to see them bringing out some new kit. Most of my regularly worn riding gear is by them.
    Including a pair of merino leg warmers which have been worn so much are now full of holes. Need new ones! They were £18 – now $60… hmm.

Spud

A$2 to the £ at the moment!

DezB
    Free Member

Still, £30 for leg warmers… I think I’ll keep me holey ones.

LabGear
    Free Member

Hey Spud aka Greg, yup, the same… if it’s the yellowish mlp one.

Price wise, we are not going to try, or can even attempt, to play that game anymore. Have in the past which is why we nearly sunk 😥 Making things 15 minutes away costs a lot but considering how much care and expertise they are putting into each and every item they make, we are more than happy to pay what they ask 😯

On the upside, we have a Lab-Points system (each purchase earns points that can be used to discount the next), that people have started cashing in on. It’s the best way we can reward those that buy our kit 🙂

Spud

Cracking! That’s the one. That’s my next bibs sorted. Would the sizing be the same as the previous ones too?

LabGear
    Free Member

Yup! Cut is ever so slightly different to aid in the errrr….. relieving of one’s self while wearing them. Always an issue with bibs 😳

DezB
    Free Member

Fair point about the pricing. I guess £30 for merino isn’t that bad. So long as they last ok and don’t go all holey!

LabGear
    Free Member

DezB, I guess it all depends on how you treat your kit 😀 We are doing a pr now for a customer that’s had a set for about three years, and that’s a good whack of time.

walleater

I’ve got a Labgear merino base layer and it’s lasted for years. I used to avoid the tumble dryer but now it gets thrown in with everything else and it’s stayed the same size (or I’ve got smaller too….).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lab Gear – just received mine’ is closed to new replies.