Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • knocking on a Fox Triad rear shock
  • stealfwayne

Help required please all. My rear shock a Triad on an 07 stumpy has this weekend developed a knocking when it extends i.e. if you lift the seat up at teh cleaning stage or when you your rear wheel leaves a jump. I've taken all the links off and cleaned, re-assembled but it's still there.

with the collective pool of knowledge on this ere forum i thought i should ask before LBS says '£70 to send off to somewhere

thanks all

yoda
    Free Member

At a rough guess I would say the bushing in the shock eye is worn and needs replacing.Might be worth replacing the shuttle that it sits on too.
    It's most likely to be the bushing at the end between the linkage plates.
    Test to see if it's this by undoing the bottom of your shock from the bike frame so you can get to the eyelet then put a small sliver of insulation tape into the eye and remount it all.If the knocking stops then you know this is the cause of your problems.
    SIMPLES!!!

stealfwayne

Many thanks Yoda, i'll give it a bash tomorrow and let you kn'wo how i get on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stealfwayne

Cheers Yoda, you where spot on, bushings!, ordered from LBS as a SPesh outlet, will fit in the week ready for next weekend.

I bow to your knowledge. And Thsnk you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘knocking on a Fox Triad rear shock’ is closed to new replies.