Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kielder100 and a viral lung infection…
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Bonus! Had a cold over the weekend, that turned in to the usual chesty/bronchial thing I end up with, but this time it went on a bit further. No sleep, no air getting in, constant coughing, probably better see the doc, not "the usual" this one.

So I have some "crackly spots" on my lungs and the diagnosis is a viral infection "that children usually get" for which there is no treatment, but I can have an inhaler to help me actually breath. A proper, big clear spacer thing, kids illness, kids treatment I guess 🙂

Question is, is this the pretty big setback for Kielder that I think it is or will having a half full Salbutamol inhaler be a bonus "pick me up" around the "oh christ I am f***ed" mark?

I suspect that it would at best be ill advised, and at worse bloody stupid, but I am bored and pissed off with being ill.

Doc did say I should be over it by then so don't ask me for my entry, you can't have it!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You did ask your doctor?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Diagnosis sounds odd to me but not impossible and my advice would be no way should you even contemplate the event unless your chest has been totally clear for a good while.

radoggair
    Free Member

Few puffs on the good old ventalin, a big dose of MTFU and you'll be fine. Not gonna let a little cough get in the way of your riding are you?

Remember, : Being ill is temporary, not doing Kielder 100 and being a loser is forever

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I asked him about being fit for Kielder, not about the benefits of doping 🙂
    I will be riding because it will clear up and I will be fit.
    There, positive mental attitude applied, might get a podium now 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

having had similar earlier in the year – i would STOP riding for a couple weeks and just hope i have enough miles in the bank to finish.

do not attempt to train like this or even if it feels a little better – the viral lung infection will come back with vengance. been there done that

Tracker1972
    Free Member

trail_rat and TJ, you are both absolutely correct. Had already had an easy week then a week off for a dodgy calf, that doesn't seem to have sorted itself. So it is a bit frustrating.
    Will just have to settle for tapering hard rather than training hard, might start carb loading next week as well…
    🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kielder100 and a viral lung infection…’ is closed to new replies.