Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • kids in Cornwall
  • stu_d
    Free Member

Any ideas for entertaining young kids (boys aged 4 and 1) near Padstow? After the beach, the camel trail and crearleys I may need some more options if the weather is bad

MrNutt
    Free Member

fuzzy felts? alphabetispaggeti? nothing like the sound of rain on a caravan roof and the taste of heniz spaghetti 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Dairy Land!!!!

teagirl
    Free Member

Find a cave on the beach, take a picnic and spades and waterproof clothing and let them dig to their hearts content. Usually a big hole to put Daddy in. Simple pleasures!

Dairyland is excellent but very busy on wet days.

ourmaninthenorth

Take the little ferryboat across to Rock and point and stare at all the rich people.

jimster
    Free Member

Flambards?

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

We took our 20 month old twins to Dairy land and they loved it.
    They also liked Newquay Zoo and Acquarium, but not as much as dairy land

stu_d
    Free Member

Lol @MrNutt.

stu_d
    Free Member

Sounds like dairyland could be on

Had forgotten about Rock… Nice cafe for the said staring 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Dairyland is definitely a good place to go.
    Eden Project is good and a bit less mental numbers wise now.

My wife grew up in Rock – her parents pad (now sold) is just in front of the Golf course – I WISH they still had it! Her grandparents still have a nice place there and a also 5 acre field that they refuse to sell – we use it for camping in. We also got married in the little church there.

Blue Tomato cafe is VERY expensive – I'd get a coffee and/or food at the Mariners.

Polzeath could be worth a visit although it's flipping busy – they have nature trail stuff and a few other activities for little ones.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Port Isaac is good for a mooch around. Lots of rock pools and crabbing opportunities even if the weather is dodgy. Kids seem to enjoy exploring all the narrow little alleyways too.

4 year old may like to go body-boarding at Polzeath. Getting wet anyway so weather not really an issue.

Watergate Bay Hotel a good place to hole up for a few hours if the weather is bad. Great views and quite family friendly.

takisawa2

Dairyland is good. Intresting also, watching the milking process.
    And the slides in the big barn…if you're man enough for the big one dont drag your elbows, I still have the friction burn marks. 🙂
    Crabbing in Looe harbour also, mine loved that.
    And there is a superb pirate shop just off the harbour in Mevagissey, couldnt get our two out of there.
    I love Cornwall. 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I love Cornwall.

Me too, which is why we live here too!

crispybacon
    Free Member

I love Cornwall. Me too, which is why we live here too!

+1

Crell
    Free Member

Just had what I think was the most relaxing holiday I have ever had there. In a tent, not much to do except sit in the water on a bodyboard. Sold a pup of a board by "betty's surf shack" though, and massively unimpressed. Anyone need a 45", it's too big for me?

The local council organise rock pooling sessions. They're great because they know where to find all the interesting stuff on the beach, and some very nice folks running it. The tourist info has the details. We went to one at constantine bay but they run it on a few different ones.

"Cornish fresh" in mawgan porth – probably the best equipped village shop I've ever been in.

Holywell Beach was great for the kids. They spent as much time in the river as they did in the sea. Same at Mawgan Porth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘kids in Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.