Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kevlar Brake Pads
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Any good? Superstar have them for only 2 quid more than sintered so I thought I might give them a go…

warton
    Free Member

I give them a thumbs up

njee20
    Free Member

I think they're awesome. Put a pair into my Elixirs before a 12 hour solo at 24/12 in July, they're still in there now.

flyingmonkeycorps

Cool, I've ordered some, see how they fare in Peak filth with my constant overbraking 😉

Stevie-G
    Free Member

I bought some and after one very muddy day at Hamsterley DH they were shot. Think i'll stick to sintered…

user-removed
    Free Member

Was going to post a similar topic here but this thread came up on Google!

I ordered 4 sets of sintered pads from them and received 4 sets of kevlar jobs, complete with a note telling me I'd been upgraded for free due to stock problems. I'd rather just have got what I ordered TBH.

My understanding is that they'rs softer than sintered but offer increased braking power. I can already one finger brake with my Juicy 7s so power not really an issue – longevity is, and I'll be interested to see how long they last.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

a kevalar pad is not an upgrade from sintered IMO. Its a different type of pad.

user-removed
    Free Member

Agreed…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Send for the octopus!

Know your legal rights – and enforce them.

igm

Think I'll stick to facts / my own experience on this one 'cos anything on here involving our friends at SSC is likely to get messy.

I like their kevlar pads – I think they claim these pads brake like organic, last like sintered.

They certainly brake well but I can't be absolutely certain about how long they last, 'cos I haven't managed to wear them out / destroy them yet – and that's running all four sets I bought. I'm not normally that heavy on pads anyway though.

Like I said about Hope hubs, these pads have been really boring in my experience – and that's good.

neninja
    Free Member

I've just fitted a set to my Oro's.

Took a couple of rides to bed in the front due to the wet weather but were great last night. Almost too good a couple of times!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kevlar Brake Pads’ is closed to new replies.