Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Kent Erikson – Road frames …opinions
  • easygroove
    Free Member

Its my 40th in a couple of months. Im riding road a lot more road than MTB at the moment. I have a Condor Accacio that does everything, commute 40km return trip 3-4 times a week, club runs at the wkend etc.

I’d like to splurge on a new Ti road frame – this frame will be a keeper. My research has come up w Erikson as a strong contender. Does anyone have any views, experience, opinions on Kent’s road frame?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Just had a quick look, how much does an Eriksen cost?
    They look nice, long steerer tube though

easygroove
    Free Member

$3500 USD for frame + fork

smell_it
    Free Member

I do an early sunday group ride, and one fella has a Kent frame. He visited Kent for the fit and design brief, as he was traveling out there for work. He seems dead chuffed with it, and reports the whole purchasing process was a joy. Oddly, it was his 40th birthday treat. It looks like a compact ti road frame. It doesn’t do a lot for me, but I’m not 40.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Eriksen, Crisp or Baum if i wanted a ti frame for my 40th (i didn’t so got a pegoretti instead) if i was on a budget then an enigma (uk made one) or a stainless Rourke.

Atomizer

Bespoke Cycling in Farringdon is an Eriksen dealer and usually has one on display – worth a look if you’re in London

Moots also very good but less niche!

haggis1978

Ive got an Eriksen MTB frame and its the best bike i have ridden. Sorry i know its not a road bike but Kent can build you exactly what you want. Plus 3 years out of 4 he’s one best Ti bike at the NAHBS 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

heck, do it. its only money. you might just love it.

captaindanger

saw crisp at Bespoked last weekend, they are amazing. Baum are beautiful too. Bit different but Ricky Feather made the best looking bikes in the show for me, I think one was stainless.

rootes1

Moots also very good but less niche!

wasn’t he (Kent) part of moots?

his seatposts look nice

flange
    Free Member

Baum for the win every time. Stunning bits of kit

mcboo
    Free Member

Baum look beautiful. Not now but someday I’m going to buy the “for-life” bespoke Ti 29er…….what does a Baum cost?

Bespoke on Farringdon road have an Erikson roadbike in the shop.

Atomizer

Kent WAS Moots but left quite some time ago.
    I’ve two Eriksen seatposta and they’re lovely.
    Do very nice full sus frames as well.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We met a German guy riding the Great Divide on an Erickson. It looked beautifully made. He had some issue with it, but as the GD route passes near Steamboat Springs he popped in and they fixed it on the spot.

acdurrant
    Free Member

i’d say take a trip to enigma – not far from you in e. sussex (if it’s Ti you’re after.) btw – if you selling your acciaio, i’m on the lookout. let me know? e-mail on my profile. tx.

Crell
    Free Member

Buy it. If I were buying a Ti keeper (mountain bike in fairness) it’d be an Eriksen or a Potts. It’ll take quite a while to arrive. Don’t forget to factor in UPS delivery charge ( Haggis can probably confirm) and import Duty / VAT if you’re going direct. His waiting list will have probably gone up again after NAHBS.

haggis1978

Kent lives pretty much in the middle of nowhere and only a few couriers travel to Colorado Springs. Shipping i think was about £250 frame only plus import tax and vat etc you wont be looking at too much off that dollar figure in pounds. Worth the wait and the cash though 😀

easygroove
    Free Member

Acdcurrent – sorry to disappoint Accacio is not for sale and i live in Sydney on t’other side of world!!

Yep the P+P will be a big factor.

acdurrant
    Free Member

hmmm. that will teach me to read posts properly. i used to live in sydney so will be sure to look you up next time i’m there (with an offer on the acciaio!) cheers.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Kent Erikson – Road frames …opinions’ is closed to new replies.