Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Kenny Wilson book
  • peachos
    Free Member

Can anyone find it anywhere??

jojoA1
    Free Member

Save yourself the time and effort finding it and simply carry your bike through a Scottish bog for the day.
    HTH
    😉

winstonsmith

Heh heh heh

Garry_Lager

Out of print I believe – he’s working on a second edition.

I have a copy and have just moved away from scotland – cannae part with it though, too many fond memories. Never did any of the heinous hike a bikes in it though tbf.

peachos
    Free Member

are the routes in it that good??

thought it was supposed to be the best guide???

marti
    Free Member

I saw a copy of it in the shop above Nevis sport in Fort William last week.

DickBarton

I like it…but then out in the wilds I’m not expecting manicured trails that are 100% rideable, these aren’t trail centres. The book is a good guide with good trails but they all depend on previous and current weather.

If I can find the second copy that I own, I’ll send it on.

peachos
    Free Member

dickbarton – if you could find it and willing to part with it, that would be great. email in profile if you do!

cupra
    Free Member

I have 2 copies of it, both gifts. Happy to part with one.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I’m being humourous. I love the riding he espouses, and will definitely be in the market for a second volume. It’s just that there are moments of cursing at times during certain routes. A particular ‘favourite’ is the circuit of Liathach behind Torridon. Try that one Dick Barton and see if Mr Wilson’s name doesn’t get taken in vain at least a couple of times 🙂

peachos
    Free Member

cupra – how much you want for a copy??

peachos
    Free Member

jojo, sounds even more appealing…in a strange sort of way!

cupra
    Free Member

Probably just a few £ to cover postage. I’ll check 100% it is still on the bookshelf when I get home. Would rather someone used it tbh.

peachos
    Free Member

cool – as above, email in profile. happy to pay postage plus a couple of pints

look forward to hearing from you 😀

DickBarton

I’ve ridden with Kenny a few times…only time his name would be used in vain is when he (yet again!) overtakes me on his singlespeed as I think I’m spinning out my gears…he is a fit barsteward!

poly
    Free Member

If anyone else has a “spare” copy I’m willing to pay a sensible price for it (I’ve had a wanted ad in the classified for ages but nobody reads them!).

Email in profile, happy to pay by paypal…

gazc
    Free Member

as poly above, i’ve had a wanted ad for a copy too! 3rd in line now though but if anyone does have one spare i’ll have it

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

to be fair he does tell you that the liathach route is bad. now the wild trails book, no mention at all of about two hours of hike a bike. still makes me swear months afterwards.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve only done a couple from the book, but I think it’s a book you need to do a couple of the routes first to get a grasp of his difficulty ratings, basically when he says hard, he means f*****g hard! :mrgreen: No idea what he grasps epic as, I’ve not had the balls to try one!

grantus
    Free Member

Kinda off topic but just wanted to blow the trumpet for Kenny!

Kenny Wilson is an absolute gentleman.

His trophies and medals are amazing and he donated about 2-300 quid worth for free to a CX race I organised last year and wouldn’t accept a penny for them. Plus he made a 100+ mile round trip at his own expense despite family committments to make sure he delivered them on the day in time for the prize giving.

stevious

From his website it looks like the new book will have much better maps and directions too.

The guy’s a genuine hero of mountain biking.

cupra
    Free Member

Peachos – ygm, I have a spare.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Kenny Wilson book’ is closed to new replies.