Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Karen Woo docu
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

If only the world had more people in it like her, a truly inspiring lady.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Unfortunately I didn’t see the documentary. Sadly the good hardly ever make the headlines, only the bad and the ugly tend to. In the same vein this thread is unlikely to get a huge response, whilst a thread concerning the evil doings of some obnoxious person, probably would……people just aren’t very interested in things which don’t shock them or make them heave with anger or give them something to moan about.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Just read the article on this woman.

Stomach churning, violent death.

Just horrible.

Nothing good about this story.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Beautifully put ernie. Just the one response will do me. An Associate medical director at bupa (or something similar) could have sat back and raked it in for years, but no, decides to go out, to what was probably one of the most dangerous places on earth and help people. That was it, as simple as that, I’m not happy here, I’m going to go help people.

chewkw
    Free Member

A brave lady no doubt about that but more to the point a brave team of medics including the local cook, the local guard and the only survivor the driver (the locals know the danger yet took the job).

Not to take away their bravery, courage and credit but there are always questions people would not ask simply because they could be considered as heartless if they question the whole journey. So I will try to ask some question without offending …

Danger is always lurking in the lawless part of the world so the risk is there. Get it right one survives and get it wrong one would pay dearly, so I wonder why they did not go to other parts of the world instead? Put it this way, to save a few lives and in the process being killed? Or remain alive to save thousand during their lifetime?

Saving lives is simply saving lives no matter where you go the different is not to put yourself in danger so to save more lives.

Also why didn’t she listen to her parents, brothers and friends begging her not to go?

davetrave
    Free Member

An interview with her other half was just played on the World Service, he was thanking his lucky stars he didn’t go because of a friend’s wedding…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting point Ernie, human nature though innit.

You should post thar on the rubbernecking “look at this awful crime” threads.

noteeth
    Free Member

It was desperately sad, doubly so for the video diary footage of her – and the shared future that had been destroyed.

One brave lady.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The video footage was a complete choker, looked like she was so involved and enjoying every single minute of being there. That’s what “did me”!

Coyote
    Free Member

Not seen the program but have read about her. An incredibly selfless woman who had no cynicism and only wanted to help others. Pity that her inspiration will be overlooked in favour of more a more sensational angle.

….people just aren’t very interested in things which don’t shock them or make them heave with anger or give them something to moan about.

I couldn’t agree more. I would much rather hear of the positives in the world rather than the constant “we are all going to hell in a handcart” that the news channels *constantly* broadcast. There are some truly fantastic people doing amazing things out there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Karen Woo docu’ is closed to new replies.