Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kaffenback – max tyre size without mudguards?
  • Woody
    Free Member

I’m sure this has been covered a hundred times but can’t find anything on a search.

Is 32c really the largest you can get in there?

alexonabike

Yeah, I’ve been told that Conti Twisters 32c are about the biggest you can sensibly get in there.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I had some 32 somethings. Specialized Houfailise (Spelt badly wrong I know)A fairly round profile. they damn near filled the dropout. Doubt much bigger would go.

robdob
    Free Member

IIRC there is more space in the back end than the forks.
    Uncle John is the way to go if you want bigger, but i reckon my Tricross would fit pretty big tyres in too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

can get a 35c slick in a pompino (same back end iirc)

Woody
    Free Member

Ok thanks all.

CraigW
    Free Member

can get a 35c slick in a pompino (same back end iirc)

But the horizontal dropouts on the Pompino means you can put the wheel a bit further back, to get more space for the tyre.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

32mm twister is tight, any significant buckle in a rim and it would rub the stay. I panic cut all the side knobs off mine the night before touring on it.

Great bike by the way

Waderider
    Free Member

I can get a 32mm Cyclocross tyre on a Kaffenback, and with the knobs it’s probably a tad larger than a slick with the same carcass size.

Right enough there is about a cigarette papers clearance at the seat tube and stones in the tread gouge the seat tube, but it’s a working bike etc. 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kaffenback – max tyre size without mudguards?’ is closed to new replies.