Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Just found out I'll be working the Olympics
  • easygirl

Just though I’d tell everyone 😀

easygirl

That was supposed to be next tote other 2 Olympics posts!

Ooh well my attempt at humour failed miserably

scaredypants

just keep posting on all 3 – nobody’ll mind

easygirl

It was a poor try
    I’ll do betterrer next time 😥

crush83
    Free Member

I’m working the Olympics on the security side. (raf)

docstar
    Free Member

My brother is doing lifeguard at swimming/diving events, imagine a skinny wee Irishman attempting to rescue Michael phelps.

easygirl

Travelling down from Manchester helping out the met lads
    That can’t cope with the big even.ts on their own

chewkw
    Free Member

If you are doing for free then you have been had … 😆

mu3266
    Free Member

Crush83, now THAT is funny. RAF security 😉 Although I’ve also been pinged for the olympics. Not bloody likely, I need to get downgraded and fast!

Hohum
    Free Member

I guess that having to get police officers from oop north with all of their overtime payments, travel expenses and accommodation partially explains why the budget has risen from £2.4bn at the start to £9.3bn in 2007 and now looks like it will end up costing the British taxpayer £9.2bn! 😉

Oh well, have a lovely time 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

My brother in law is helping out at the shooting – he is getting teased constantly that he will holding the targets. Oh, the laughs!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My sister’s a volunteer helping out as a trilingual interpreter – flash git. Not sure where, gymnastics I think. I constantly whinge to her that the Olympics is a lot of unnecessary fuss and a complete waste of money. I don’t think she agrees.

Are you any fitter looking than the bunch of pie-munchers they have flooded the job with at the moment? Mostly ‘Specials’ I presume, but half of them don’t look like they could run a bath, let alone run after a baddie.

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^

Looks like the “boys (and girls) in blue” could be facing annual fitness tests quite
    soon and that would help catch the baddies!

fitness tests

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It is a fact that members of the public trust and have more confidence in a fat policeman.

Specially if they also laugh a lot.

And have big rosy cheeks.

mrdestructo

Easygirl ‘working’ the Olympics?

thegreatape
    Free Member

It is a fact that members of the public trust and have more confidence in a fat policeman.

You’re right ernie – you should hear some of the things people tell me 🙂

We’re doing the public transport between venues, car parks and accommodation etc.
    I think we’ve got about 900 bus drivers going all together. There was supposed to be a call for maintenance staff as well, but I haven’t heard anything yet.

easygirl

I’m a thin fit policeman
    And the govt have shafted us yet again with overtime payments
    So the rise in the cost of the Olympics is not down to police overtime

eyerideit
    Free Member

Easygirl you in the GMP, which division?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Just found out I'll be working the Olympics’ is closed to new replies.