Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Just back from round 2 at Dalby
  • robcrayton
    Free Member

Gallery Here 🙂

What a course, few spills but amazing.

robcrayton
    Free Member

robcrayton
    Free Member

postierich
    Free Member

See all the roadies are @ it again!

trails
    Free Member

nice pics!!

MtbCol
    Free Member

Great weekend out!

I got the unenviable job of marshalling Worry Gill drop which after all the carnage on Saturday didn’t cause us any problems come race day.
    And yes, you could tell who the roadies were at that point! 😆

Obviously marshalling didn’t allow for any photography time, but did manage to get a few rushed photos of the better riders coming through, even one riding a Halfords special!

rOcKeTdOg

ooof there’s a lot of testosterone about! and that’s just the women!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

To be fair, that bit people are walking down is as steep as **** (is it the black section – the ‘old’ black route that used to be a downhill track?). Thats REALLY steep at the bottom where that drop is!

njee20
    Free Member

It was good fun I thought, the steep bits weren’t actually that bad, it was the number of people waiting there that made them dodgy! Sadly I blew my shock up, which rather hampered my progress!

Rikoshea
    Free Member

I loved the course, really challenging, i hope the world champs goes there, looked really cool for spectators,i managed to get some photos of race 2, i can mail any at full size but as i’m off on my hols this aft it will be in a few weeks, if anyone wants a file mailing just get in touch(rickyinmicky AT talktalk.net) and ill sort it on my return.
    Pics at;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38261460@N07/

Olster
    Free Member

njee20 – drop me an email dude! email in profile, cheers, Dave.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Rob – the guy in the Mini strip – is that a before and after of a crash?!

Brownbacks
    Free Member

the steps on the “rollercoaster” at Lee Quarry are harder than that! 😉

and no soft landing either!!

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

next race the 17th (this Sunday)

northern XC, hard like it should be!

njee20
    Free Member

Oli Holmes (in the Mini kit) DNFed, so something went wrong!

robcrayton
    Free Member

yes that was in the 4x section, forks stopped working so when he landed heavy on the front they didn’t give. hit his head quite hard. ouch!!

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

unlucky on the shock nick!

aye was quite good fun that.
    couldn’t believe the number of riders fannying about at the drop into worry gill, and at the medusa’s drop section too. they’re the fun bits!

a bit closer to what the british champs will be like. will sort folk right out 😀
    (though being in scotland, ad lots of rain and mud to that equation!!)

definitely the best nps course i’ve raced on. Though a bit less of the red/orange path would have been nice.

Simon-E

Some nice photos there, Rob.

Torq riders Kathy O’Shea and Dan McConnell were over at our time trial last Tuesday (it starts a matter of yards from Matt Hart’s house). Dan went round the 10 mile course in under 23 minutes. On a mountain bike. He was faster than most of the regulars using TT frames, disk wheel, smurf hat etc. Not bad!

didmatt
    Free Member

on a side note, is any of the new course ridable on non race days?

simondbarnes

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

To be fair, that bit people are walking down is as steep as **** (is it the black section – the ‘old’ black route that used to be a downhill track?). Thats REALLY steep at the bottom where that drop is!

It’s not that bad, perfectly doable even when towing a bob trailer full of beer 🙂

MtbCol
    Free Member

didmatt – Member

on a side note, is any of the new course ridable on non race days?

Officially no – FE will be closing the sections off, but I can guarantee there’ll be cheeky rides on the course itself – we’re off for a play tonight when everyone else has gone home!

Bear in mind, the Worry Gill section is ridden in reverse to the actual red/black route section it uses so care needs to be taken, that’s why we’re doing a late ride so we avoid other riders 😉

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Errmm tut tut Colin, ridding an FE trail backwoods ? Mr Eves would have us nailed to a tree for sure, Gil well I have caught him alone in the forest going the wrong way on several wrecky rides and to think you were an official marshal this weekend !!!. Nick aka stumpy.

MtbCol
    Free Member

*Practices his “Sorry Alan I must’ve taken a wrong turn” line and look 😆

Race report and results from the weekend HERE if anyone’s interested. 🙂

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Thanks Col, just had a look, how gay does Marshal 5 at Worry Gil drop, Sam look ? He’s even doing a “hello sailer stance” bless him. He has offered to marshal at SSUK09 along with a few of his mates, as and I quote ” I’m an expert now” 😉

Any Dalby locals picking up this ? I still need marshals for SSUK09 7th of June, please, easy job and you get to wear a nice green top. mail me for details brownfamilynorton at tiscali dot co dot uk.

Cheers Nick, just a small part of the SSUK09 team.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Aaah thats baby Sam for you!
    Nick, I would’ve marshalled at SSUK but as Gil already knows, I’m away that weekend and am missing the whole thing 🙁

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Cheers Col, no probs Gil had told me you were busy, I was just fishing for offers from STW’ers and or partners of SSUK09 racers.

Perhaps they are all busy that weekend ?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Just back from round 2 at Dalby’ is closed to new replies.