Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • juicy 3 service
  • sweepy
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get a piston kit for juicy threes? I can find them for 5/7 would these be compatible?

backhander
    Free Member

Just buy some hopes. Sorry.

Highland28
    Free Member

Hi,
    The juicy 3 ones are exactly the same as the 5/7. I used them for a service on my 3’s.

coatesy
    Free Member

Caliper pistons are the same, master cylinder piston is slightly different if I remember right.

BigJohn

I thought this was asking how to get out of Jury Service.

takisawa2

CRC do the 5/7 kit, . Not cheap though, at £37 IIRC. Pretty sure they d a new Juicy 3 complete for £50.

Hopes are shite. Sorry.

(But them floating rotors are nice). 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

I think its just the caliper end, so kit for that is about a tenner, Master cylinder is at lever right?

Thanks all, even the comedians :-). Till i got this bike i was on cantilevers so the juicys are absolute cutting edge for me, Ive never even ridden a bike with hopes. And so far my experiences with juries has been from the other side 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

the avid ‘service’ is best described as throwing them in the bin, and getting some different brakes.

all brakes are about the same when they’re working, it’s just that avids don’t seem to work for very long.

sorry.

backhander
    Free Member

Hopes are shite. Sorry.

You must have “special” brake tastes.

angryratio
    Free Member

my mate usually finds the seal kit on the bay.

little bit of google trawling came up with this.

Possible ?

MentalMickey
    Free Member

backhander – Member
    Hopes are shite. Sorry.

You must have “special” brake tastes.

”Special Needs” more like. 🙄

coatesy
    Free Member

Forgot to mention-also get yourself a tub of silicone grease from a plumbers supliers, and smear it on the pistons and seals before assembly, you’ll probably find it’ll give a much better lever feel as the pistons will self adjust more easily.

sweepy
    Free Member

Thanks all, ive ordered a new brake to keep me out there. And a bleed kit and caliper service kit for the learning experience. Ill get some of that silicon grease and i’ll hopefully end up with a spare that works better than ever.
    No offence taken from those who dont like them, its an honest opinion, and thats what I asked for. I spose i’ve got fairly low expectations of modern bike tech, I cant believe just how good even entry level bike stuff is these days.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘juicy 3 service’ is closed to new replies.