Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Jones Plus
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

You really can just call Jeff up – he’ll be more that happy to discuss his bikes with you.

singlespeedstu

* Warning*
    He will talk you to death about anything bike related. 😀

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Yeah – it’s almost impossible to get a word in!! 😉

I really fancy a Spaceframe Plus, not sure I like the idea of lugging that extra weight around though.

chiefgrooveguru

Oh go on, you’ll barely notice the weight! My bikes are about 3.5lbs apart and I only notice when lifting them over a gate or onto the car. The one with the quickest tyres always climbs fastest, whether or not it’s the lighter bike.

I’m not suggesting this because I want to try one of course (it’ll be too small for me – probably…) 😉

martinh
    Free Member

I know my plus is heavier than my Spaceframe but I put most of it down to the dropper and gears. Oh, and the huge tyres. Its not the XC whippet the Ti Spaceframe frame is but its more comfortable and more planted.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

When you get to my age, every pound counts 😉

Chief – try Martinh’s Plus next time he shows up on a Thursday, talking of which, I aim to make it next Thursday

ton

my 25 is anything but heavy.

biff

Chief has it… the Plus frames are 23 / 24 / 25″

The 23″ is a Spaceframe as this offers excellent standover clearance. Its geometry is the same as the 24 and 25 Diamond Pluses. When I say same this is shared ‘Jones Geometry’ for the PLUS models, just as the 29 frames have their own version of ‘Jones Geometry’. The sizing of the two models (Plus and 29) is such that a 24″ Plus is the correct size for a rider who would ride a 23″ 29 Jones.

That makes things a little clearer? Jeff will then talk about stem length and straight/layback seatposts and seat angles and rake and trail and rim width and tyres and tyre pressure and much more. Passion.

In other news – Jeff spoke to Rohloff man at Interbike. They are making a 148mm thru-axle Speedhub and will work with Jeff to create the precise bolts (etc) needed for it to fit a Jones Plus.

Errors and omissions excepted. Any (other) questions, do ask.

Best (not) in Show… http://www.bikepacking.com/plog/2016-interbike-awards/

bonesetter
    Free Member

I see – so the 23 Plus is really quite a small frame (equivalent to another size or so down in a 29 version)

Does the 23 also have CS’s at 19″ then?

Wouldn’t mind seeing a pic of that bike if so

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Yes the Spaceframe plus has identical geo as the Plus except the 23″ top tube – as has been stated at least 3 times above 😉

lotto
    Free Member

Ok, excuse my naivety but I just enjoy riding my SF 29 everyday or as much as possible, I’ve never been caught up in a numbers game on geometry before. All I know is I want a Plus for added comfort on multiple day rides. Logically to me the SF Plus would be more comfortable as this is the case between the 29 Diamond and Truss. The SF Plus is 23″ same as the 29er. There is obviously geometry considerations too, but will it fit me at 5’11”?
    Or is the Plus 24 more suitable and the 23 SF Plus best left to smaller riders? Guess I’m asking who is the SF Plus aimed at? I’m not bothered about clearance for frame bags etc as I use a trailer,so no basis there to swing me one way or the other.

biff

Lotto – I’d have thought the 24″ Plus will be the better version for 5′ 11″ you (wanting comfort on multiple day rides). I’ve a 24″ test bike here – question is where are you? Test rides are everything. Numbers seldom add up to much :O)

23″ Plus Spaceframe test bike is on the ‘build list’ – soon.

birdage

Numbers seldom add up to much :O)

So how many organs would I have to sell for that Diamond Plus?

Just need to get an idea cause it’s a special birthday next year and I can start a fund now and work out what I need to sell………..

lotto
    Free Member

Thanks biff. Where are you? I’m in Scotland. I don’t mind too much of a journey if I was guaranteed a test ride. I’d probably wait until the SF Plus is built up and try the two back to back along with my SF 29 in there too for added comparison.

biff

lotto – email me directly if you like. I have a plan :O)
    birdage – frame and (Truss) forks, EBB, thru-axles (currently) £1400

ton

1400 quid for a frame and forks………. 😯

bonesetter
    Free Member

Yeah, buy a Stooge, they’re a grand less and as good 😉

ton

my 😯 should have been a 😉 obviously.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Biff- I would definitely like to testride a Spaceframe plus!

birdage

Err I meant the Diamond Ti Plus in that link. Should have been clearer. Got a steel Diamond that I’m very happy with. Have a feeling I’ll have to settle for some carbon Jones bars.

timbur
    Free Member

Matt – that special birthday would make you SUPER old would it not :O)

birdage

While I can still get the monkey glands it doesn’t matter…

Mole
    Free Member

Jeff’s ti plus is sweet-just pricey as hell-shame really.

bonesetter
    Free Member

How much is the ti plus?

akira

£4500 for frame and forks iirc.

timbur
    Free Member

Kermit got hips. Sexy!

bonesetter
    Free Member

£4500 – that’s for the non spaceframe

bonesetter
    Free Member

What size is your plus kimbur?

timbur
    Free Member

23″ plus spaceframe
    It’s going to be the demo bike

Hiptastic

biff

Ti Diamond Plus with Ti Truss fork – UK RRP £4308 (25″ might well be out of stock)

bonesetter
    Free Member

OK, thanks Biff – virtually the same as the spaceframe then?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Here’s my 25 Boost Plus

ton

crap……….like mine 😉

oh, and looks low at front………. 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

🙂

What bars you running on yours ton?

I’m going to try some lower ones (never thought I would want to lower the front of any bike)

ton

jones bars mate. they suit my fused right wrist. also i like the bars high. the upright position the bike puts you in feels just perfect from the off for me.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Cheers

Yeah, just re-looked at your pic and you’ve got a fair rise on your stem

I might just carry on for a bit with my 800 wide Stooge risers then. Front did feel high to start with on the first tride last night, but forgot it until today’s quick spin round

ton

the green is ace by the way…love it

bonesetter
    Free Member

I would have gone for blue, but that’s not an option

The green is nice and I think I prefer it now. So much better than on the online pics on Jeff’s site etc

timbur
    Free Member

It’s very nice in the flesh.
    I’ve got an older green Diamond and much prefer the Kermit version.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Jones Plus’ is closed to new replies.