• This topic has 46 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Jamie Oliver
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Jamie Oliver

Shoot?

or

Punch?

iDave
    Free Member

neither

chat about food

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve met him and he ain’t nothing like you’d think.

Nice bloke.

mikey74
    Free Member

I do not understand what people have against Jamie Oliver: He seems a genuine enough guy; he tries to help people by running a restaurant where all the workers are people who have had difficulties and need help (Fifteen is the name of it); he seems to care about what young children are eating and tries to do something about it, rather than just talk about it, unlike some others.

What is the problem?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m taking down notes… the guy knows a thing or two about making good food.

Houns

Buy him a drink, top bloke

Moonhead
    Free Member

He might be a nice bloke but he comes across as such a tool.

I think he should be punched, shot, pan fried and served with a stilton foam.

Bez

What Mikey said.

djglover
    Free Member

Mockney fop.

But good dinner

Jamie
    Free Member

Neither, seems a lovely chap who has a passion for cooking and good nutrition. Nowt wrong with that.

Bez

but he comes across as such a tool

Ah, in that case: STW forum posters, shoot or punch? 🙂

sc-xc

I like him, reckon he’s pretty cool.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers Moonhead.

I thought I was the only one there for a while.

matthewjb
    Free Member

He seems like a nice guy who cares about people other than himself and his immediate family. Clearly we should hate him.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah, in that case: STW forum posters, shoot or punch?

Shootings too good for them 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Shootings too good for them

Yeah but c’mon… actually punching someone?!?! If I hurt my fingers… how will I type?

Junkyard
    Free Member

bit annoying at the start with the mockney and the VW etc-trying to be to cool. Decent campaigns and seems to care and seems like an OK human being trying to make the world a better place via his love of good food.
    TSY – I thought you typed by simply smashing your face into the keyboard then spell checking it – perhaps that is Hora though

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah but c’mon… actually punching someone?!?! If I hurt my fingers… how will I type?

Pistol whipping then. Best of both worlds.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ambivalent.

I liked his food crusades – fair dues. He went out on a limb with those. He got blokes interested in cooking and food for the sake of it, not just to appear in masterchef a la nineties.

I disliked his idiocy in the series he did in America recently (bruvva). Preaching at us about using fresh food, food miles etc and at the same time advertising for a massive supermarket.

I can’t say I really dislike him but I can’t express Jamie’s love for him either.

Solo
    Free Member

He appears to be the result of a combination of having a huge passion for good food, and being burdened with a serious and well meaning concern for how and what people eat.

As far as I can tell, all he has done is try to lift everyones game, get them eating better, for their own benefit and enjoyment.

He seems to be a very good chap.

Jamie
    Free Member

I can’t express Jamie’s love for him either.

It’s not love, more….oh gosh. Who am I kidding….I am luuuurrve with Joliver!

*skips off*

emsz
    Free Member

I want a mince pie

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pistol whipping then. Best of both worlds.

Yeah to be honest, I’m gonna stick with shooting. I won’t even have to get out my SUV… and my belly might get in the way and make it difficult to dish out a decent whipping anyway.

warton
    Free Member

makes great food, his latest book is his best yet (my mum got it for me), but really disappointed in how he’s sold out on the whole free range thing, you can buy Jamie Oliver sausages in tescos that aren’t free range, thats pretty shocking after the fuss he made about it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

My wife hosted a Jamie party two weeks ago, many women were here, got drunk and bought things.

I now have a number of free items that have enhanced my kitchen. I also had my bottom pinched when I went to get my headphones from the lounge.

I like Jamie, he’s OK with me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junkyard – Was that an EDIT?? Cracked me up either way..

Jamie can you help me out with emsz post I think it’s a euphemism…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think once you become a brand where your name is for sale, you’re going to get caught out somewhere.

Jamie, I reckon you’ve tasted a Jamie Oliver sausage. Good for you?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

He seems OK. I have his “Dinners” book which is meant to be “simple food to make in an evening” and I only make one thing out of it because it’s either “put toast in toaster, pop, apply butter, serve” or a 6 day long kitchen marathon complete with jus de nothing better to do.

All in, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall is my favourite because his food is balls out ridiculous but in a fun “killed it with my bare hands” kind of way.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie, I reckon you’ve tasted a Jamie Oliver sausage. Good for you?

2/10 8)

…the joke, not the sausage.

mikey74
    Free Member

I thought you typed by simply smashing your face into the keyboard then spell checking it – perhaps that is Hora though

Hahahaha.

To be honest, out of all the so-called “celebrity chefs” he is probably the one I have the most time for.

I disliked his idiocy in the series he did in America recently (bruvva)

I didn’t see much idiocy, just someone trying to understand how food plays a part in an incredibly diverse and complex culture. He genuinely seemed to connect with people, without any of the usual English arrogance and cynicism.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d have given it a 1 myself.

He might have connected with the murkins, but he still sounded like an eejit all the time. Tried too hard, but only in my opinion. It’s small beans in the grand scheme of things.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard – Was that an EDIT?? Cracked me up either way.

yes and why thank you

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m still working out whether to put you on ‘the list’ though Junkyard. I mean, comparing me to Hora, should I be offended?

*starts to compile information about subject JY just in case*

Moonhead
    Free Member

Nigel Slater is the best anyway…..

Moonhead
    Free Member

Jamie Oliver Rap…

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

On telly Jammy All-over looks like a spanner, in reality he appears not to be.
    But he’s still a Telly chef at the end of the day and most of those are ego maniacs.

plumber
    Free Member

I still love ithe italian series he did and the recent 30 minute meals was good too

I saw him on Iron chef america which is the only time I’ve seen him show his real skills – he lost but not by much – more respect for his cooking after that

MrOvershoot

JohnClimber – Member

Jamie Oliver

Shoot?

or

Punch?
    This is John who is fussy about food & hates the fat tongued one for his campaign against turkey twizzlers 😉

Pieface

When was the last time he said Pukka?

timc
    Free Member

His new book is selling…

over 500,000 copies in the first 5/6 weeks at approx £25

Thats £12.5M turnover!

Bigger you are, the more haters you have!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Jamie Oliver’ is closed to new replies.