Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • James Martin back pedals (pun intended)
  • stumpy01

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/15092009/19/chef-sorry-attack-cyclists.html

James Martin has apologised for his comments in the Mail on Sunday that was posted on here earlier on in the week.

Taken from the link above:

"May I take this opportunity to apologise for any offence I have caused through the article in last weekend's Mail on Sunday," he said in a statement published on his website.

"It was never my intention to offend the many cyclists who share our roads across the country. What was intended to be a humorous piece was clearly misjudged. Furthermore, I do not condone any form of reckless driving."

cynic-al
    Free Member

A prize knob…I loved wathcing him **** up his classic at that rally.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

He's a fat **** and no mistake.

oldgit
    Free Member

He is still the MoobMiester.

chakaping
    Free Member

So he is sort of admitting it never happened, without actually saying that he made it up.

What a knob.

verses

I went for my morning spin wearing my blue long-sleeved base-layer with a red short-sleeved jersey on top. Just in case JM's about I want him to think I'm spiderman.

0091paddy
    Free Member

you seen the group on facebook for him?

poppa
    Free Member

Finally reported on BBC website now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8258247.stm?lsm

GrahamS

More amusing coverage here (with comments):
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/16/martin_apology/

rkk01
    Free Member

A prize knob…I loved wathcing him **** up his classic at that rally.

I watched the Mille Miglia programme. Frankly he came across as a pretty unlikeable person in that – especially the way he treated his co-driver, who was actually rather nice….. and is a racing driver to boot!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Frankly he came across as a pretty unlikeable person

Well he's successful in a profession that is full of big headed unlikable ****, so I guess that's gonna make him a super unlikable ****.

Still I'm sure bored housewives and grannies will still tune in to his programme to see the cheeky twinkle in his eye, that flapping of his big ears and the jiggling of his moobs.

The ****.

Olly
    Free Member

"We urge the group of cyclists who James Martin attempted to run off the road to get in touch with CTC's accident – our legal team would be only too happy to take the matter further."

"give us ONE piece of evidence and we will shred him for you."

i hope they do, i hope he gets legally bottom invaded

bigsi
    Free Member

[Quote]The television presenter sparked fury after telling how he forced a group into a hedge while test-driving a sports car[/quote]

So he either a liar and it never happened

OR

[Quote]Furthermore, I do not condone any form of reckless driving.[/Quote]

He's a liar

His apology is just PR spin to try and make it look like he was just having a joke.

Either way he's a lying twonk 🙄

tails
    Free Member

As rkk01 in that program he came across as a cock. I'm not surprised he made that story up, the problem comes with idiots who will actually carry out these sort of things. At least he has came out and apologised more than many would have done.

noteeth
    Free Member

He's getting beaten, like an egg.

miketually
    Free Member

Failed Jamie Oliver wannabe fails at trying to be Jeremy Clarkson.

zaskar
    Free Member

I wonder if he will get eggs thrown at him in his book signing.

Wish I could be there.

He'd get battered…

porterclough
    Free Member

Of course the story was made up / exagerated, it's called hyperbole. Of course when Clarkson does it you can tell because he writes well unlike James Martin who just comes across as a wannabe.

DezB
    Free Member

Clarkson…James Martin

Both ****

Olly
    Free Member

He'd get battered…

like a fish?

this has got to the funniest damn forum in the world.
    how did we get so funny?!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

That wikipedia entry is classic

Here's the 'proper' version up now:-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Martin_%28chef%29

And if you look through the revision history you get this earlier version (see last paragraph on television career)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=James_Martin_%28chef%29&oldid=313819003

chakaping
    Free Member

Haha, swearing can be so funny sometimes.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Following publication of an article in the Sunday Mail in September 2009, it was unanimously decided by the general public that James Martin was a fat fat ****, with an overriding insecurity about his very small penis, who looks like Jabba the hut whenever he attempts a faux smile thanks to his triple chins.

I made the the lol.

peakmonster
    Free Member
    John_Rowlands
    Free Member

In mille miglia program "baby spitting dummy out springs to mind".

grtdkad

No doubt the BBC will try and defend his actions – good luck to the CRC in the event of any court case
    "We urge the group of cyclists who James Martin attempted to run off the road to get in touch with CTC's accident helpline – our legal team would be only too happy to take the matter further."

Total knob…'James Martin holds the world record for carrot chopping in which he peeled and chopped 515g of carrots in one minute'…genius…
    😐

peakmonster
    Free Member

anyone fancy contacting him mail adrees below 😉

limelight.management@virgin.net

genesis
    Free Member

Complained about him to the BBC as one of his epmloyers and got this response

Thank you for your e-mail.

James Martin?s comments published in the Daily Mail newspaper are his own and do not represent the views of the BBC.

James Martin appears on the BBC from time to time in his capacity as a chef and does not comment on motoring or cycling issues, therefore his views in this area have no relevance to his work for us.

That being the case, any unhappiness with Mr Martin?s comments must be addressed not to the BBC but to Associated Newspapers Ltd, publishers of the Daily Mail:

Write: Associated Newspapers Ltd, Northcliffe House
    2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT
    Tel: 020 7938 6000
    Email: editorial@dailymailonline.co.uk

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

BBC Complaints

grtdkad

Helpful "That being the case, any unhappiness with Mr Martin's comments must be addressed not to the BBC but to Associated Newspapers Ltd, publishers of the Daily Mail"
    Surely it would be more productive to address complaints to the local constabulary along the lines of 'endangering life on a public highway', 'driving without due care and attention' or inciting others to do so…

aracer
    Free Member

So the BBC would happily still employ him if he was a racist bigoted member of the BNP, since those views have nothing to do with cooking? 🙄 I'd be very tempted to write back with something like that, were it not that that response looks very like a form reply, and they're probably not actually reading any complaints about him.

genesis
    Free Member

Looks like it, doesn't it?

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Couldn't let it lie .. (even though I know they won't read it)

Dear Auntie,
    Let me summarise to see if I got this right (based on a quick google search)

1) BBC employee names kitten dishonestly .. SACKED!
    2) BBC employee mentions the word 'golliwog' (off camera) .. SACKED!
    3) BBC employee boasts about how funny it is to run people off the road into a hedge with a car (having previously written of his hatred for _all_ people 'of that type') .. NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!

Is there anyone else he could have run off the road that would get your attention?

It feels silly to have to point it out in the 21st century, but _all_ people have a right to life, even people who happen to own bicycles.

Real people, olympic athletes, commuters, children travelling to school, (you know .. people), actually die from these attitudes, but I guess that doesn't matter.

In fact now that I think about it seriously and leave aside my personal 'bike owning' predjudices, I see that;

A) he hasn't actually been dishonest about anything .. (he was very open and explicit about his hatred and who it was directed against)

B) no kittens were misnamed (and we all love teh kitten!)

So, thanks for taking this complaint seriously, and I completely understand your position.

kimbers

while the story is still on the bbc website if you search for it
    it is no longer on linked from their entertainment page, i know its a bit of a non story in many ways but less than 24hrs, is it a conspiracy ????

chakaping
    Free Member

That's normal turnover Kimbers. I'm impressed they ran it at all.

BBC's pretty good really.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

one of the comments on the register nearly made me piss my pants

James shouldn't have backed down, and just because he said those things doesn't mean that he actually done them. I believe that's journalism for you.

😆 a lot

glenp
    Free Member

The Register comments are blimin' shocking. The number of people who genuinely believe that bikes are required to get out of the way of cars is astonishing. Makes you think!

For the life of me I cannot imagine why the Government don't run awareness campaigns simply showing the correct law – ie cyclists should ride where they are safest and may, if they decide it is safe enough, move to the side of the road to allow traffic to pass. Also, it is wrong to ride closer than 60cm from the side of the road and other vehicles must leave a generous clearance when passing.

kimbers
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘James Martin back pedals (pun intended)’ is closed to new replies.