Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 349 total)
  • jacob rees mogg dog
  • Northwind

mattyfez – Member

Against gay rights and same sex marriage, but *for*human rights?

Pff, gays aren’t human

johnners
    Free Member

He’s proof that by spending enough on its education you can polish a turd. Could be worse, there was an attempt to slide his unpleasant sister into parliament a couple of GEs ago, but even the Rees-Mogg party connections couldn’t quite secure her a safe enough seat.

lucky7500

Is this thread anything at all to do with dogs or is it just another conservative / toff bashing one?

matt_outandabout

Is this the fellow?

somafunk

^ That’s a caricature of an affable harmless eccentric, rees-moog is something entirely different but cut from the same cloth into an image more akin to a throwback to the east india company at their worst.

coconut
    Free Member

Is this thread anything at all to do with dogs or is it just another conservative / toff bashing one?

Go on then.. here’s Jacob

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx42/BillyGoat100/69470964598357ec4dc6db37c4e1562b_zpsyzrfeqnf.jpg%5B/img%5D

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

tjagain

Lucky – I don’t mind a tory who understands the world – Annabelle Goldie for an example or Kenneth Clarke for another. I detest adn despise people like Rees Mogg who are where they are because of who they are and who have no idea what life is like for most of us.

He took his nanny campaigning with him in Fife FFS and was suprised when folk thought it odd.

He is also a crashing snob and a proven liar

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

here’s Jacob

allthepies
    Free Member

I like Jacob 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s no great surprise tbh.

ninfan
    Free Member

despise people like Rees Mogg who are where they are because of who they are and who have no idea what life is like for most of us.

He even had a nanny…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I didn’t like Benn much either….

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Ken Dodd’s Dad’s dogs’ dead.

tjagain

Ninfan – the difference is Benn at least had some idea of how normal folk live and tried to help them as you would know if you had read any of his writings

ninfan
    Free Member

the difference is Benn at least had some idea of how normal folk live and tried to help them as you would know if you had read any of his writings

For comparison, a farm labourer in the mid 1920s earned £2-3 per week

tjagain

My point made.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow, did Zulu post a photo of a “lefty”?

He did! And one of his most hated too! 😆

How many times has he done that today?

kimbers

Is it me or did the saviour of the Tory party 😉 just brick it and try and get himself out of the hotseat?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/06/jacob-rees-mogg-opposed-to-gay-marriage-and-abortion-even-after

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, it shows he’s not a Pagan (cheers Stormzy) doesn’t it.

(Press asks obvious question of devout caolic, gets expected reply)

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

He is your “kids up chimmneys” sort of bloke.

Exactly what the death throes of the Tory Party need….

Hope he gets elected to party leader…

That “even after rape” headline is a lovely piece of bias. The guy explained why he was opposed to abortion and it was pretty obvious it was abortion under any circumstances.

Its almost as if the Guardian had an agenda to follow.

verses

(Press asks obvious question of devout caolic, gets expected reply)

It did score quite highly on my “Well-durrr-ometer”…

Lifer
    Free Member

Even after rape by a family member FFS

ninfan
    Free Member

Even after rape by a family member FFS

I’m presuming that being against abortion in all circumstances doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s actually advocating inter-familial rape of course.

(Best leave that sort of stuff to the priests…)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He is your “kids up chimmneys” sort of bloke.

Exactly what the death throes of the Tory Party need….

Hope he gets elected to party leader…

Careful.

Remember what happened the last time all the opposition to Crowbin jumped on that particular bandwagon. ..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I hate to agree with Ninfan, but (and I’m being Devil’s Advocate here) if you’re anti abortion, then the circumstances should be pretty immaterial. Two wrongs don’t make a right, killing the unborn child doesn’t make the other bad thing not happen.

zippykona

Farron had to resign for being a Christian let’s hope this **** gets his arse kicked for it as well.

ninfan
    Free Member

Worth remembering that abortion has always been a free vote issue in parliament, since it’s a matter of conscience.

If Mogg was saying anything along the lines of ‘I would ban abortion’ then it would be a huge issue, but in this case it’s entirely a matter of his own opinion

The question is somewhat from the “when did you stop beating your wife” school of journalism

kelvin

He speaks for, and appeals to, a huge section of the support of a party that is consistently getting more votes, and more seats, than any other party. Don’t bet against him becoming PM after May falls. His consistent support for the kind of Britain that could well become essential after Brexit, if things go the worst kind of wrong, could well leave him well placed to slash and burn to make us “competitive”. Don’t laugh and dismiss him.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m presuming that being against abortion in all circumstances doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s actually advocating inter-familial rape of course.

He’s morally, only one rung above being a rape apologist.

The most Catholic country on the planet outside of the vatican, is the Philippines and even they are changing their minds about this.

nickhit3
    Free Member

kind of Britain that could well become essential after Brexit,

no to gay marriage and no to abortion- in any case including rape, according to him this morning during a tv appearance. Is it essential we become that way?

kelvin

No, but such socially illiberal values might help him become party leader.

ninfan
    Free Member

no to gay marriage and no to abortion- in any case including rape, according to him this morning during a tv appearance. Is it essential we become that way?

Interesting, have you got a link to him actually suggesting that he wants the law changed or advocating the banning of either post Brexit?

Or are you just extrapolating that his personal opinions on an issue mean that he is somehow ideologically committed to outlawing them for others?

I reckon that as a (both big C and small c) conservative, his opinion is far more likely that these things are a matter for personal choice rather than the state.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Im not sure his abortion stance would make him more popular.

as a catholic will he ban contraception as well?

We need stronger womb border controls, not less. As the Conservatives keep telling us, there are too many people in the UK.

nickhit3
    Free Member

hmm.. just curious why the word ‘essential’ was used.

nickhit3
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41172426

Source of his comments above. Based on his passed voting record (look it up), its a pretty safe bet he’d support the pushing through of any such horrific legislation were it to occur.

the only big C he is rhymes with hunt, Ninfan.

bails

Interesting, have you got a link to him actually suggesting that he wants the law changed or advocating the banning of either post Brexit

He literally voted against it. There is no ‘separation of his personal beliefs and his politics’ by the looks of it.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926/jacob_rees-mogg/north_east_somerset/votes

Consistently voted against equal gay rights Show votes
    0 votes for, 7 votes against, between 2013–2014

Consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex Show votes
    0 votes for, 6 votes against, in 2014

kelvin

hmm.. just curious why the word ‘essential’ was used.

Why “essential”? Because unlike others who seem to be happy with a “no deal” Brexit, he’s been honest enough to talk about the rapid, drastic (and my view painful) changes we’ll have to make as a country. I dislike his politics, but he would be well placed to do well, and maybe even become PM, in a no deal scenario. Take him seriously. And I mean that as a warning, not as support for him.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 349 total)

The topic ‘jacob rees mogg dog’ is closed to new replies.