Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 349 total)
  • jacob rees mogg dog
  • nickhit3
    Free Member

thank you Bails.

nickhit3
    Free Member

And I mean that as a warning, not as support for him.

thank god for that

Harry_the_Spider

Take him seriously. And I mean that as a warning, not as support for him.

My thoughts too. Beneath the P.G Woodhouse exterior is somebody quite dangerous.

Look at the mess the last few media friendly affable buffoons have got us in to.

ninfan
    Free Member

its a pretty safe bet he’d support the pushing through of any such horrific legislation were it to occur.

Wouldn’t that require the majority of parliament to agree with him on a matter of concience?

You really don’t get this ‘democracy’ thing, do you?

johndoh
    Free Member

Well we are certainly moving away from the moderates of the last 20 years (on both sides). Add Brexit to this and the whole thing feels like we are going to end up back in the UK circa. 1966.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Im not sure his abortion stance would make him more popular.

as a catholic will he ban contraception as well?

We need stronger womb border controls, not less. As the Conservatives keep telling us, there are too many people in the UK.

Did you actually watch the clip of just start frothing at the headline?

He very democratically accepts that his personal opinion conflicts with that of others. I don’t get any inclination from that clip that he’s planning to change anything.

theotherjonv

While freedom of choice and freedom of expression are to be protected, I kind of struggle with this. Yes, he’s not saying he’d outlaw it, but he is saying that he actively disapproves and voted against it (could have abstained, which would to me have been a ‘I’m not for it but I also respect in this age it’s not for me to tell others how to behave on this / these matters’)

The issue is whether his views being incompatible with a country that mainly doesn’t have an issue with these matters, makes him a suitable potential leader for that country. Can he set aside his views on these matters when they are apparently so deeply held? Farron felt he couldn’t.

bails

its a pretty safe bet he’d support the pushing through of any such horrific legislation were it to occur.

Wouldn’t that require the majority of parliament to agree with him on a matter of concience?

You really don’t get this ‘democracy’ thing, do you?

Err, it’s possible to support something without a majority. It might not get through without a majority voting in favour, but someone can still support something without a majority.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Ninfan, thanks for the condescension there. Classy of you. If i may take a leaf out of your book there for a moment, look up the definition of the word ‘support’ that I actually used, and pay attention to the context of the rest of the statement i made. It seems you chose to ignore the information-and points- Bails supplied regarding his voting record. I am aware of what democracy is and isn’t. He would, in all likelyhood, vote for such legislation- if we take a look at his record-for some evidence. His ‘conscience’ or whatever martian signals control him would lead him to vote in favour of the end to gay marriage and/or making abortion illegal.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I hate to agree with Ninfan, but (and I’m being Devil’s Advocate here) if you’re anti abortion, then the circumstances should be pretty immaterial. Two wrongs don’t make a right, killing the unborn child doesn’t make the other bad thing not happen.

I disagree.. I don’t agree with, but can just about understand (misguided IMO) people who don’t believe in abortion after consensual sex, as if you’re prepared to potentially conceive then you should be prepared for the consequences..

However when conception has been violently forced upon an individual, then I don’t understand what kind of person, religious or otherwise, genuinely believes the correct thing to do would be to carry and raise the child..

Be interesting to see if he believes in that bible passage about rapists having to marry the victim and pay her father 2 silver coins as punishment..

However when conception has been violently forced upon an individual, then I don’t understand what kind of person, religious or otherwise, genuinely believes the correct thing to do would be to carry and raise the child..

On the other hand, if you believe that human life begins at conception, you may not understand why someone else might advocate the murder of a child that has committed no crime.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Farron had to resign for being a Christian let’s hope this **** gets his arse kicked for it as well.

So if you are Christian then you aren’t allowed to be in a political party then?

ChrisL

While any socially conservative policies supported by Mogg would struggle to get through parliament, if he became Tory leader and hence PM it’d be a fairly safe bet that we wouldn’t see much in the way of socially liberal legislation coming up for debate so on that level his personal morality is an issue.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Be interesting to see if he believes in that bible passage about rapists having to marry the victim and pay her father 2 silver coins as punishment..

I’m pretty sure you’re stretching at the limits of credulity there to link “being christian” with believing or following every single little bit of the bible.

zippykona

So if you are Christian then you aren’t allowed to be in a political party then?

His religion and stance on gay marriage were the main thing the press and some on here attacked farron for.

zippykona

Let’s not forget that mogg has no beard, the hypocritical ****.
    May he burn in hell for his sins.
    Maybe in a mogg government the DUP will be a moderating influence.
    I **** hate tories.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You are not allowed to be a Christian – FULL STOP – get with the game, remember where you are….and as for CATHOLIC

While freedom of choice and freedom of expression are to be protected, I kind of struggle with this. Yes, he’s not saying he’d outlaw it, but he is saying that he actively disapproves and voted against it

I am not a racist BUT…..

The issue is whether his views being incompatible with a country that mainly doesn’t have an issue with these matters, makes him a suitable potential leader for that country. Can he set aside his views….

Clearly, he said as much.

thecaptain
    Free Member

he said as much

Case closed then

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You would imagine so….

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

“On the other hand, if you believe that human life begins at conception, you may not understand why someone else might advocate the murder of a child that has committed no crime.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST”

It is a belief born out of deep rooted misogyny not rational thought. His belief carries no weight, a clump of cells is not an individual with conscience or self determination.

He’d probably happily kill a fully grown primate though.

He can believe what he wants but I reserve the right to think of him little better than a rapist.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m sure Jacob and I would get on like a house on fire. Preferably his.

Rachel

loddrik
    Free Member

Thrilled to watch this a minute ago. My daughter has just started year 7 at a Catholic secondary school this morning. If they try and instill this horrendous doctrine into her I’ll expect her to stand up and throw their intolerance right back.at them and down their throats. And this **** want to.be leader of the country…? Scary shit!!!!

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m sure Jacob and I would get on like a house on fire. Preferably his.

Dinner with the Moggs

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The dulcet tones of tolerance ring out..

…why on earth would you send your daughter to a Catholic School??? Scary shit…

outofbreath
    Free Member

You’d accept the correct thing would be to carry and raise the child after 24 weeks.

I assume that the reasons you think that’s correct are the same as Rees Mogg. You’re just quibbling about where the magic point occurs.

outofbreath
    Free Member

a clump of cells is not an individual with conscience or self determination

Nor is an unborn child at 30 weeks.

His belief carries no weight, a clump of cells is not an individual with conscience or self determination.

Neither, it could be argued, is a newborn baby. So why is killing one murder and not killing the other misogyny? Why does your belief carry more weight than Rees Mogg’s?

kimbers

Neither, it could be argued, is a newborn baby

it could be argued

but you’d loose that argument

kimbers

Mogg has said these things so publicly because he knows they are unpopular

He doesnt want the top job while Brexit is going on, he knows that its going to taint the PM

thats why Maybot is still in the job, shes so damaged that it doesnt really matter

her colleagues will happily let her soak up the blame for it all then start knifing each other when they think they have enough distance.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

You’d accept the correct thing would be to carry and raise the child after 24 weeks. I assume that the reasons you think that’s correct are the same as Rees Mogg. You’re just quibbling about where the magic point occurs.

Yeah, but I’d use science and evidence to come to my conclusion, not some outdated beliefs based upon an ancient book about a fictional character in the sky.

ninfan
    Free Member

The dulcet tones of tolerance ring out..

…why on earth would you send your daughter to a Catholic School??? Scary shit…

You do have to wonder exactly what sort of person would send their child to a Catholic school and then complain about the risk of them being indoctrinated in the beliefs of the Catholic Church 😯

I can only presume that it’s the same type of mindset that leads to people taking a job miles away from home because it pays better and then complaining about the time and cost of the commute 😆

outofbreath
    Free Member

Neither, it could be argued, is a newborn baby. So why is killing one murder and not killing the other misogyny? Why does your belief carry more weight than Rees Mogg’s?

That’s my take on it. When life begins is completely arbitary. You could argue an person with advanced dementia was no longer a person. You could reasonably argue (as ancient Romans and Greeks did) that a newborn babdy wasn’t enough of a person to have an automatic right to life. You could go the other way and argue that every time people of the opposite gender who were in a position to have unprotected sex, but failed to, had cost a human life.

It’s completely subjective. Even if you don’t agree, ‘conception’ seems like a perfectly logical point to consider life to start. I’d consider murdering a woman who was 16 weeks pregnant a worse crime than murdering an individual.

it could be argued

but you’d loose that argument

I’m not arguing, I’m trying to question beliefs that are so ingrained the individuals spouting them don’t even realise they are beliefs.

But I’m interested in your opinion. When DOES a “clump of cells” become and “individual with conscience or self determination”?

(I don’t know. I would have said at about 4/5 years old)

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’d use science and evidence to come to my conclusion

You’d use science and evidence to answer a purely philosophical question?

Perhaps you could state the evidence that a meaningful human life begins at 24 weeks rather than conception, or 23 weeks, or 3 days old.

outofbreath
    Free Member

But I’m interested in your opinion. When DOES a “clump of cells” become and “individual with conscience or self determination”?
    (I don’t know. I would have said at about 4/5 years old)

I think it’s a *lot* earlier than 4/5 years, but it’s probably after the birth IMHO.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That’s my take on it. When life begins is completely arbitary. You could argue an person with advanced dementia was no longer a person. You could reasonably argue (as ancient Romans and Greeks did) that a newborn babdy wasn’t enough of a person to have an automatic right to life. You could go the other way and argue that every time people of the opposite gender who were in a position to have unprotected sex, but failed to, had cost a human life.

The latter point is some sort of fallacy, I just cant be bothered to determine which one it is.

I mean, it’s so philosophically and logically trite I’d rather gargle buckshot than engage with it.

There is a perfectly logical line between infanticide and abortion, does it feel pain?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

joeydeacon – Member
    Yeah, but I’d use science and evidence to come to my conclusion, not some outdated beliefs based upon an ancient book about a fictional character in the sky.

But the issue/compromise at the moment is that the latest date for an abortion is around the same time as advances has allowed the baby to become viable.

Frankly it’s a minefield and I don’t envy anyone who has to make decisions in it.

But stifling the debate by denouncing all those who believe that ‘life’ starts earlier as only following the guidance “ancient book about a fictional character in the sky”, is insulting to everyone.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

But its true….

Did you expect a man who named his child “Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher” to be rational and anything other than a world class bore?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    But its true….

I’m atheist and I’m at best uneasy about abortion.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That makes one of us then….

Id feel more guilty about shooting a grouse.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 349 total)

The topic ‘jacob rees mogg dog’ is closed to new replies.