• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by beej.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I've just met Bill Oddie!
  • beej

On my Christmas walk, by Watership Down. Made my Christmas!

luked2
    Free Member

Any seagulls?

beej

No, plenty of rabbits though.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Goodie

beej

Just got to find Tim Brooke-Taylor and Graham Garden today to complete the set.

MrSparkle

Did you ask him if he ever felt Humble?

JulianA
    Free Member

Where do you live then to make Watership Down your Christmas walk? We're pretty close to there – about 5 miles south of it!

dropoff

Bill Oddie's great, always ready to eat a slice of humble pie 🙂

beej

I'm in Newbury, so a short drive to there. We had a hot picnic too – soup, jackets with cheese and bacon, home made sausage rolls, home made mince pies… top fun.

jim29
    Free Member

Bill Oddie is the man

Trimix
    Free Member

Bill Oddie – the man ? Eh !

Wasnt he a bit of a nob on that nature program ?

Liked him in the Goddies though.

epicyclo

Trimix – Member
    Bill Oddie – the man ? Eh !

Wasnt he a bit of a nob on that nature program ?…
    Careful who you insult, wasn't he a Black Sausage (or something) in the Northern martial art of Ecky Thoomp

cinnamon_girl

Watership Down? I'm jealous! What are the conditons like there at the moment? Presumably the Wayfarer's Walk on the other side of the A34 is a grassy skating rink?

beej

We just parked up on the road out of Kingsclere and walked, so didn't get other side of A34. Very rideable today, cold and crisp. Nice fresh track of a Trailraker in the snow, going towards A34.

cinnamon_girl

Haven't been over that way for a good few months. Normally start at White Hill and have a selection of loops. All good but normally finish with rejoining WW at Ashmansworth.

theotherjonv

(To the tune of Madonna's Erotica)

Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie;
    Rub your beard all over my body!

beej

I tend to ride out from Newbury – over Greenham Common, Oxdrove, follow the disused railway alongside A34, pick up WW, follow east towards Kingsclere/Hannington, then wind back towards Newb. Some good view from there – we had our picnic on one of the practice jumps for the racehorses.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I've just met Bill Oddie!’ is closed to new replies.